Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Really long time to get back to device menu on iOS

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 19:24
I'm now testing v1076 and the extended delay on exit is still evident in iOS builds.

The problem is when exiting an app normally (through something that ends up executing the 'end' command). I am experiencing a serious delay. The app display is replaced by a plain black screen and I have to wait way too long for the device's app menu to display. This happens in the iPad/iPhone simulators and on my live iPad and iPod touch devices.

With this very simple app (part of my test set), it took 15 seconds:

With my (nearly) complete game, it takes 30 seconds.

I tested my game both with and without the function that releases all the assets (images, sprites, sounds, etc.) and the results was the same.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 20:16
After looking at every single app on my iPad and iPod and a bunch on my Hubby's Android, I may have an option that is not expected.

Apparently none of the apps have an exit option!

So, I'll update my game to recognize the device first thing and only have the exit button for Windows and Mac.

I might leave it in for Android, since it does not have any problem exiting cleanly.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:43:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:43:01