Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbLoadObject problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry I have searched before posting but I couldn't find a solution to this.

When I call dbLoadObject in the following way it fails

To check if the object loads I added the following

but the program never ends. My first thoughts were that either it wasn't seeing the right directory or that the object was corrupt.

I have a test further on to check we are actually in the media folder so I know it is not this.

I wrote a quick test in DBPro and the object loaded fine, so now I am stuck as to what the problem might be. Any help please?

Signature removed by moderator. Please do not give out the meaning of life in an open forum.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Try using dbSetDir ( "media/" ); instead of SetCurrentDirectory ( "media" );
Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Try using dbSetDir ( "media/" ); instead of SetCurrentDirectory ( "media" ); "

Thanks for the suggestion, made no difference though.

I am using dbDir ( ); when I hit the spacebar and it shows it is in the media folder.

I am confused???

Signature removed by moderator. Please do not give out the meaning of life in an open forum.
Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I have narrowed it down to calling dbLoadObject from a function. If I call the command outside of the function it works but inside the function it doesn't load anything and there is no error report that anything went wrong.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something really stoopid???

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
What version of DarkGDK are you using?
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
It's some version of DarkGDK 1.0 if he's using dbObjectExist(). This command is renamed to dbIsObject() in DarkGDK 2.0.

Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkGDK 2.0 is a paid product though isn't it? I thought they were 2 separate things?

Sorry if I'm being dumb.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkGDK 2.0 is free to use while it's in beta.

Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
That's very generous but I can't seem to generate a login for some reason???

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
If you get an error, it would be helpful if you told me what it is.

Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you get an error, it would be helpful if you told me what it is."

When I register my email and name I see a message that says...

Quote: "Your account has been created successfully.

Instructions for activating your account have been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please follow the steps there to continue"

but nothing is ever received, I tried both my email addresses but no luck.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Your e-mail service is reporting that my SMTP server is being blocked for spam. I've reported the issue to my hosting provider and they said they are working to correct the issue.

I do not send spam. This is an issue because the SMTP (outgoing e-mail) server is shared between customers.

I'll let you know when I have more information.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 15:01 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 15:01
Mistrel, looks like you having trouble with finding the right host. I suggest www.hostgator.com. Never had any issues with them running both my personal and business web page (which authenticates users upon login in my proprietary software so 99.9% uptime is a must).

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm guessing that the server is in the process of migrating because it doesn't load the website. Once it has settled I will try again from my gmail account.

Thanks for your help.

Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW, I am seriously impressed by GDK 2.0 and will be buying it as soon as it is complete. I've only looked through the demos and started to read through the C++ docs but this must have taken an incredible amount of work.

Kudos to you, that was well worth the effort...

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm glad to see the website finally working for you. I'm sorry for the trouble you've had trying to get your account up and running.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have here on the forum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:55:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:55:53