Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DAdata - The handy little database app

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 20:05 Edited at: 7th Nov 2003 20:06
I'm working on a simple database app that I will use in my projects. I made the app keyboard controlled cause I'm planning on using this mostly on my laptop. The current version looks like DOS but that will change later. You navigate and modify the database using commands. The only limit you have is a bit over 65000 entries and that each entry can only hold 256 bytes of data. An entry can be either a directory or data, each data is devided into index (name) and data (text or a value). You can create any form of tree structure you want, just create directories inside directories.

Current version is still an alpha but it should be fully operational exept that an export command will be added. This command exports the data base to a text file that you should be able to write an import function for in your programs. I will create an example import that you will be able to use in DB/DBP.

Version: A.1.0

http://digaw.com/DAdata.zip

C&C, suggestions and bug reports are welcome

This shot shows how DAdata can be used in an RPG. I just added the edit commands (copy, cut and paste):

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 20:24
Interesting, really need to see it after a bit more development though.

Can I suggest a new command, LAST

eg, DATA LAST DA

Would change the entry with the highest index to DA

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 20:52
Rob:
After a bit more developement? It's almost completed. When I'm done with version 1 I'm going back do game development. I'm almost sure you have missunderstood something about this app.

I can't see how that command would be usefull. Again I think it's a misunderstanding. It's not the worlds best documented app for sure If you want to change the data of a data entry simply type in:

data <number of entry> <data>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:21:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:21:46