Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / level design -X10 or X9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I want to use FPSC to create levels/rooms to use in another game design package. Would you say X10 is better at lighting and scene design than X9 or vice versa?

Ease of using segements with normal mapping, water effects, specualr mapping etc, etc.

I have no need for weapons animations or npc's as such just snapshots of the level at different angles in 2D when completed.

I have got both versions.

Thanks
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 15:28
i would say x9 simply because of the particles-feature, posteffects and the mass of media instantly available that works without any issues in x9.

TriSpefear Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 15:41
Ya x9 would be good for all the shaders and such

"Everyone may doubt me, but your just giving me more of a reason to continue on..."
Alien223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 03:19
I like X9 alot it has more full screen shaders along with segment shaders.
Toffeemouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 13:56
Goddamn, I just started developing a game in X10 because i was under the impression that it produced better visuals.

Last time I was here it was the release week of x10, I come back and find its been completely dropped and x9 is getting all the "goodies"

Im so far in now porting to x9 will cause me so much time and trouble, can anyone tell me the benefits of x10 over x9?

The project involves no weapons or AI so i didnt see any issues with using x10. The only thing i can think of off the top of my head is easy-water and bloom effect, but then again last time i used x9 i think that got a bloom albeit only editable via scripts rather than these delicious x10 sliders.

tl;dr, graphically and otherwise, why is x10 better to use than x9?

Thanks,
if anybody is still here to read this

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 10:27
when you think its an engine that can handle what you have in mind, use it to do what you want to do, the program isnt "dead" as long as you use it. look for mystic-mod to get better possibilities than with the vanilla.

gz

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
also multi threading and instancing make for a faster engine so x10 can handle more ( at the moment ) plus not needin g the blosser shaders, although the shaders on x10 are a pain in the arse,what i am having trouble with is a good designed level then adding lights makes the textures go mad and disappear so x9 is more stable. but maybe i am the only one with this problem

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 04:28
I don't think anyone has looked at the current state of x9. It's horrible. Half the model packs don't work. Half the scripting commands are broken. I wont even get into problems with shaders. TGC has also dropped most support from x9. They now have their community working on it.

It's so bad, that I literally had to go back to 1.18 with my custom system to even begin to use anything I needed. It's a shame, I am now forced to nit-pick things from the source and re-code everything to make it stable. Thats my $0.02

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:56:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:56:16