Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK Sprite and Tile Map Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 16:18 Edited at: 5th Jul 2012 15:59
This is a project that I wanted to do for a while and since none of my apps are selling I guess I am starting it. If you have ever seen spriter this program will be like it. Except there will be differences like how you can edit the sprites.

This is the uveditor:

I do alot of Work with agk so this will help both dark gdk and agk games.

Done: Parts of animation bar.
Sprite Loader

TODO: There is a lot to be done so need help doing it.
If you know MFC then you can help.
Some things that I need are camera support for
the sprites if any one can help on that too that would be
good. In the demo program this is what is included:

https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2368059

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 10:58
Nice work 3d!

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
will this be a 2d tool like spriter or 3d based?
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2012 00:55 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2012 16:11
well right know I am stuck on the 2d physics with joints like baxslash has in his gui. I need to figure out box2d i guess. I got it working in dark gdk but not so familiar with some things. This can be both 2d and 3d tool looks like 3d will be easy with joints. but 2d has nothing that works like joints so i have to get to know box 2d better.

Here is a 2d node hot key assigner design concept My goal with this assigner is get movement files and being able to assign the same node the same name. Therefore the character will move with the nodes that are loaded. Need help with this because I not use to data movement files.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this is tad offtopic, but how did you get the windows forms and GUI elements in there?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 19:04 Edited at: 30th Jun 2012 01:30
Well i found some mfc code somewhere on the forums I just expanded on it.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 06:35 Edited at: 25th Jun 2012 07:45
I need help with the charactor riging does any one know a good lib for this.I implemented something with atanfull but getting wire results where the angles of the charactor don't rotate right. How do u rig 2d sprites there not objects.
I think one way of doing this is make a sprite an object. with a depth of one. if you first make a sprite then get its width and height then make a three-d object of a depth of one with the picture attached, and use the same width and height as the sprite.

This seems like a cheep way of solving this problem.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 01:40 Edited at: 1st Jul 2012 01:53
Ok know I fixed the angles I guess i share the code i used to fix it like baxslashes. I had a hard time on this part.
this part rotates it. this is most of the rotation code that works the same. It works like this it takes the previous rotation of the angle and the last angle and subdivides it in pieces then makes the rotations on the subdivisions. The download has an exe file that i tested. put the pictures in a toolbar folder and the exe in the folder before the toolbar folder. The undo and redo options I might delete because the code is going to take a long time to iron out.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 02:02 Edited at: 5th Jul 2012 15:38
I have updated the demo download so you can try the program. you can download it in the above post. this project is going to the work in progress site because it is not done.

where to find in work in progress
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=198386&b=8&p=0

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:56:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:56:51