Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Mac Store game rejected

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
yesterday (after 11 days in "waiting for review" status O_o) Apple rejected my game due lack of sandboxing support.
Is there any updated guide for AppGameKit (official or unofficial) to publish in Mac App Store that explains the sandbox theme?
Is there a xcode project that supports sandbox feature?
The current guide doesn't cover it at all.
Are they planned?

P.S. to Paul and Lee: if you need the exact Apple rejected texts and reasons, please ask me for them and I'll send you

Thanks in advance and excuse my english =)
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 16:40 Edited at: 28th Jun 2012 16:41
Hi BraindeaD,
i had the same problem for my MAC apps.
From 1st of June this is a new rule!

To sandbox your MAC app go to project INFO (the page with icons) and go to the bottom.
CLick the SANDBOX checkbox and choose the things you need in your project and exclude what you don't need.

Your app will be sandboxed.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Gekko!
I'm downloading now XCode 4.2 for snow leopard, I had Xcode 3.2.6 installed which is not sandboxing ready. I'll try to sandboxing my app in a few hours
Hope it works!
Thanks for the info.

Best regards
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 18:32
BraindeaD, the current guide for Xcode3 Tier1 doesn't quite work for Xcode4 (which I also use).

This is the one I've posted elsewhere and that TGC is considering as a base for their updated Xcode guide:

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Ancient Lady.
I'm using Tier1 for Mac computers, your guide -very detailed and complete btw- seems to be for iOS... is your guide only for iOS or do I need follow your guide to create a Mac app with XCode 4?
Thanks for your help.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 19:15
It is actually quite similar for Mac. The same basic Xcode interface and the same edit for interpreter.h. Same instructions for renaming to your app name and such.

And I just realized that it needs to be updated to make sure it mentions putting the bytecode and media files in a directory named media. This applies to all Tier 1 apps, regardless of platform.

In Xcode, you add the entire media directory as a directory under Resources.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
DarkDISCUSSION
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 20:53
this makes no sense whatsoever in my book. an app is just an app. why is Apple so wound up over this sandbox stuff?

XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The idea is not bad considering the numerous viruses out there and trying to protect end users from getting infected or causing harm to their machine.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 03:34
Quote: "P.S. to Paul and Lee: if you need the exact Apple rejected texts and reasons, please ask me for them and I'll send you"

I had a quick look over the new rules but didn't see any that AppGameKit would be breaking. Email me the details if the new sandbox checkbox version doesn't get approved.
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
@Ancient Lady, I followed your guide and I get my game working on XCode 4.2. Thanks for it!
But Apple hates me. The problem now is "enable entitlements" check button doesn't appear in Xcode 4.2 + MacOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)... and it's the last XCode that works on my Snow Leopard. It's a pain. I'm looking for a solution with it, if I find something I'll post here.

@Paul, the problem with the sandboxing was due my fault not AppGameKit, I imagine that AppGameKit has no problem with the sandbox.

Best regards.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 17:24
BraindeaD, I'm glad my guide helped.

I am using Xcode 4.3.3 on Mac OS X 10.7.4 (Lion).

I'm not sure there should be that much of a difference and the Entitlements checkbox should be there.

It appears when you have the project selected under TARGETS and click on the Summary heading. The Entitlements section is the last one in the list. If you can't find it there, try entering 'entitlements' in the Help search.

I was going to suggest upgrading your Xcode to 4.3, but (after looking at it in the App store) it requires Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later (Lion instead of Snow Leopard). I don't know if the upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion is free or easy to do.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
Finally, I bought and installed Lion and XCode 4.3. Everything has been unusually quick and easy. I tried and it seems that I can do sandboxing of my games. Will improve the game a little and I will correct some minor bugs and try to upload it to the mac store.
It would be nice to include the steps and requirements (mac version osx and xcode) in the guide to be a bit more complete.
Thank you very much for your help!
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
My app is in the store now!
You can see the game, and of course buy it at:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id537125787?mt=12

Thanks to Ancient Lady and Gekko for the help!
Regards
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 18:16
Congratulations!

I wish you much luck with the game.

(I'm just back from vacation and will look at it, probably buy it, when I'm all caught up.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 12:35:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 12:35:34