Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Nightmare Island Completed work in progress (feedback please)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 20:13 Edited at: 18th Sep 2012 14:06
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 01:18
Here is the clickable link

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=198235&b=8&p=0

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 02:51
is there a download link?

gamer, lover, filmmaker
JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 23:00
Quote: "is there a download link?"

its the dropbox link, unsure on how to upload because the site has a 50mb limit.

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jimac1888/?action=view¤t=level4.jpg][/URL]
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
The game looks pretty good. i always liked the simple graphic games.
nice work there man!

@ JIMAC: you might wanna try my Adv Updater instead of the Dropbox.
look on my signature link..

Advanced Updater for your games!
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 04:19
The game has alot fo problems,but ,all in all,it was fun.

JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 12:34
Thanks for trying it Daniel, could you give me feedback on the problems you encountered please

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jimac1888/?action=view¤t=level4.jpg][/URL]
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 23:51
Quote: "Thanks for trying it Daniel, could you give me feedback on the problems you encountered please"

Shur my friend

first off,when the video started to play,it was not full screen,I could see the game behind it,then after it played,it looped,it repeted it self over and over.

second,While playing,after I beat the third guy,the rock guy,the game forze,locked up and I had to close the whole game out.

While playing,there was a part where there are three walls moving up and down,you have to clear the walls to get the item,well,I could walk right through them with no problems at all,there was no colition to the three walls.

JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 00:49
I must apologize to everyone after Daniel highlighted the problems i went back to check it out, for some reason i gave the download link from an old version, correcting this as i type. (Total noob)

The video is run on windows because the flash was made before i found out there is no way to use it in DGDK without buying it and as this is my first project i might use other methods to make games in the future, the reason your game froze is because that version was not finished again sorry for that, the walking threw walls problem you had i cannot find, if you would be so kind as to try the updated version and report if it still exists and if so which level exactly.
I guess thats why you should never test your own creations.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 07:37
Ok, im doing this now while I have time,sorry it took so long.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 01:39 Edited at: 5th Jul 2012 01:39
just d/l your game. i'll give it a try.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 02:20
the game play was nice and simple. controls were tight. graphics were pretty good. only thing that frustrated me was when you die, you start all over from the beginning. i didn't finish it because i had to keep starting over.

all in all......... good work

gamer, lover, filmmaker
JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 15:44
Thanks seppgirty, with it being my first attempt at game making i am really happy with the comments you have made, there is check points after each boss and with it only being 9 levels and 3 boss battles i felt happy enough with the check points but i can see how frustrating they can be.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 22:40
I to enjoyed it,it is a fun game,but there should be sounds for every thing,and when I pick up a item,It would be cool to have something more happen to let me know I collected th item.

I did not play it all the way through my self this time,but I had no more problems with collition,I must say,its harder this time around,and this is good,it gives people to set goals to pass each level.

JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 00:55
Thanks again Daniel, i will improve a few things soon, getting the bug i just want to learn and make more stuff!

tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 02:38
Fun game you got here .

Some suggestions:

-save feature
-sounds

Game plays pretty fun, got to the part after the beach
in a forest. Died at when I lost to the snake boss in rock
paper scissors. Maybe different games for each boss? That's
cool .

-Tokyomage

Did you know that water is wet? - "The more you know"
JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 18:34 Edited at: 10th Jul 2012 18:47
Thank you for trying it out tokyomage, i am getting some sound effects together and hope to make the general gameplay not so off putting. Save feature would be awesome but thats a step to far for me , still learning though so maybe in the future i can fix that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:49:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:49:39