Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Where is Mistrel?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 19:38
Anyone know where he is? I take it that he is the one responsible for DarkGDK 2.0.

I have been waiting 1 week for help with a transaction error for DarkGDK and I know others have the same problem.
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 21:33 Edited at: 9th Jul 2012 21:34
I dropped him a message through Skype, hopefully he'll be able to answer your issues pronto.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 04:58
I'm kinda looking for him too. I bought DarkGDK 2.0 but when i downloaded RC4 it says that it is expired and i can't use it. So I guess I have to wait for RC5, but why is there an expiration date to this?
One thing that i did notice is that the website says that i'm buying the commercial rights to a single seat of DARKGDK and DARKGDK.net, which i also have. Is this correct? so does this mean that when we get the release version 2.0 does that mean i can charge money for my projects too ?

=Arkii=

Heres Johnny
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 11:52 Edited at: 10th Jul 2012 11:55
Quote: "so does this mean that when we get the release version 2.0 does that mean i can charge money for my projects too ?"

If you have a commercial license serial code in your DarkGDK.com account then it means that you can sell the games you create.

Quote: "but why is there an expiration date to this?"

Because it is just a release candidate (i.e. it's not a final release) and it's available for free to anyone until it expires. Now when it expired only those who upgraded from GDK 1.0 commercial or bought a separate GDK 2.0 commercial license will be able to compile.

Quote: "I bought DarkGDK 2.0 but when i downloaded RC4 it says that it is expired"

As I said, if you paid for GDK 2.0 commercial you should have two separate downloads - one BETA and one COMMERCIAL. Download the commercial one, register it with the commercial license key and it will not expire.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 22:57
Cool Oldy for clearing our questions up, I appreciate it

=Arkii=

Heres Johnny
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cool Oldy for clearing our questions up, I appreciate it "

No problem. I just really like GDK 2.0 and hope it takes off big time when Mistrel returns. Looking forward to RC5.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 17:55
Quote: "those who upgraded from GDK 1.0 commercial "

can you clarify this as Mistrel failed to do so when asked...

JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 21:58
Yes, it is the deal, buy the commercial liscence at www.darkgdk.com and that give you access to darkgdk 2, instant download and u get a commercial key use that and u get darkgdk 2 and can charge money for your programs.

=Arkii=

Heres Johnny
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 22:01
but how? I have GDK in DGS so how does that work?

it is not clear enough at present...

JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 23:02
i'm not sure what u are asking. If u use visual C++ then u can use the most updated version 1 of darkGDK. There is a limit in that u realy can't make money off of it so that is when u need to by the commercial License. There is a new site AT WWW.DARKGDK.COM, this is where u can buy the license. Read the site and I think that u can get the thing for $30.00USD until the full release of DarkGDK 2.0. It is off of Beta to release candidate 4 RC4 on the download section of that website. If u buy the license u get DARKGDK 2.0 when it comes out. Right now u can try the beta to see if you want it. If not, then your version of Darkgdk will still work, from what i understand. It is not required to buy this offer, but if you want the offer, u get the commercial license what includes DarkGDK 2.0. When it is released , u can no longer use the beta right now df there isn't a working beta, but there will be soon RC5.
if this doesn't answer your question, then perhaps someone that works for The Game creators can assist you.

=Arkii=

Heres Johnny
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 23:36
He's asking if he is entitled to a free upgrade to DarkGDK 2.0 since he paid for the commercial license for DarkGDK 1.
I don't know the answer to this, although I think it was stated that one were somewhere.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but how? I have GDK in DGS so how does that work?

it is not clear enough at present..."

If I understand it right then at some point (presumably when 2.0 final is released) you will get an invitation link to "buy" the DarkGDK 2.0 for $0.00.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 23:40
Quote: "If I understand it right then at some point (presumably when 2.0 final is released) you will get an invitation link to "buy" the DarkGDK 2.0 for $0.00."

thank you this was what I was looking for

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 00:54
Quote: "If I understand it right then at some point (presumably when 2.0 final is released) you will get an invitation link to "buy" the DarkGDK 2.0 for $0.00."

If this is the case, it might be a useful option for me (literally skint these days). Though, if I do end up using it I think in the future I'd have to buy another copy because Dark Game Studio went for so cheap.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 01:41

Me too... Can't afford beans...

I've not yet tried GDK 2.0 mainly because the last one kept on expiring in the middle of projects and then having to convert everything back again anyway. I'll probably be better off waiting til the final release before I consider starting to use it. In the meantime I've been quite happy using Dark Basic Pro and IrrLicht...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If I understand it right then at some point (presumably when 2.0 final is released) you will get an invitation link to "buy" the DarkGDK 2.0 for $0.00.
"

My God! Then what benefit do I get after buying it for 30 dollars ! ?
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 14:36
i suggest a 30 dollars for the TGC store! it is not fair that you bought it twice!
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 14:43 Edited at: 17th Jul 2012 14:45
Quote: "My God! Then what benefit do I get after buying it for 30 dollars ! ?"

The benefit is that you get to use it now. I am not processing DarkGDK 1.0 commercial licenses until the final release as it's not yet integrated with TGC's store.

You also get my undying thanks for supporting the time and effort I put into this product.

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You also get my undying thanks for supporting the time and effort I put into this product."

You will be happy to know I have already paid for it yesterday and downloaded it.

I am now looking forward for my Dark Game Studio package which is still stuck in the processing.

I hope to see more features - language (all .net /mono, java, C, python) support coming. One thing I really miss is a good particle editor - with sets of prebuilt effects that can be used with Dark GDK 2.0

Can you please suggest a particle editor (free one better) that I can use with Dark GDK 2.0 ?
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Can you please suggest a particle editor (free one better) that I can use with Dark GDK 2.0 ? "

I did a particle editor a long time ago for Dark Physics particle system. Here it is: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=126715&b=30&p=0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:35:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:35:11