Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / set object effect objID, 0 does not always work

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 23:00
The recommended way of turning off an effect and restoring standard DBPro texturing etc is to use

This works in some cases but not in others. The attached projects demonstrate the problem.

The first project, "turn off shader problem.dbpro", shows the shader being turned off correctly using the recommended procedure.

The second project, "turn off shader problem failing version.dbpro", shows what happens when the command fails - i.e. the object just turns white instead of showing its new texture.

The third project, "turn off shader problem failing v2.dbpro", shows the same problem when several objects are applied with the same shader - but only one shader is used.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 23:39 Edited at: 11th Jul 2012 23:58
The problem seems to not be in this commands, apparently use "set effect on" instead of "load effect" solve the problem, so I think there is a problem with effects loading, or video memory ?

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 01:23
Quote: "apparently use "set effect on" instead of "load effect" solve the problem"

But there's still a problem with set object effect when the effect ID is zero - it is supposed to work but doesn't.
Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 02:06 Edited at: 12th Jul 2012 02:06
It's possible that the fact to load an fx file in memory is a factor of the object render, sometimes even if we remove it from the object, it could be explain why there are two commands for applying effects.

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 14:21
Virtually nobody uses set effect on in their shader demos and in fact the only time I've seen it used is in some old demos that come with DBPro itself. Also, a shader is in memory till it's deleted just like everything else.

I think the most likely explanation is that set object effect hasn't been correctly implemented for the case fxID = 0. Could be wrong though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:07:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:07:26