Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbPoint work around (sorta)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I don't know if dbPoint is still not working for some people (or it was already solved and I just haven't read the solution yet), but I am still having a problem with it. The function still outputs 0 and I'm not sure why. I am running Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro via Bootcamp with NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics card...so that might have something to do with it, but I don't know.

I've been trying to make another function to replace dbPoint all together and this is what I have so far.

And here's a little example with the function:

If anyone wants to use/add on/remove/criticize the code, you're welcome to.

So far, this function can detect pixel colors only on the screen. I've been trying to make it so the user can detect pixels on a specified bitmap from a sprite, not only the screen. My solution of doing that would be getting the bitmap handles from the ImageIDs or SpriteIDs, and then use Win32 API junk to manipulate/scan the bitmap. Afterword, the bitmap would then be stored back in the appropriate Image/Sprite. However, I have not been able to find such IDs or handles. Anyone have any ideas or better solutions?

I am also only 4 days new to dark GDK. So if there is a thread already on this, feel free to to slap me in that direction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:18:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:18:43