Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [WIP] My FPS+TPS Game Project [Need AI]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I wrote a reply about 20 min ago, but my enternet connection failed. I won't make the same mistake twice. I'll copy my post before trying to send it.

I won't be able to help you much for the next few days because I will be traveling and I won't have a reliable enternet connection (reference the first paragraph). I'll try to make it simple so you can work without my input for the next few days.

First you need to be sure to have ALL character interface in a single function or have a single function call that has calls inside it to any various interface function. Next you will need a bool variable setup so that when set will cause you game loop to not call it. Next setup a "special key" that when pressed toggles the bool variable you made between true and false. Example:

Example menu:
Quote: "press "C" to make a waypoint
press "D" to delete the closest waypoint
press "M" to mark the closest waypoint for connection
press "N" to connect closest waypoint to marked waypoint
"

You can put any other functionallity you want in the menu.

The fastest code is the code never written.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you still working on it?

Wana7262
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry... i m currently not working on it... my PC's GPU got many problems... that's why my PC is gone for repairing...
still waiting for it... i have less time and more work to do...
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to hear that. I'll keep watching for you to post when you are ready.

Wana7262
Years of Service
User Offline
is there any shortcut? I just want to add few things that enemies can shoot player if player is within the line of sight and this cause damage to player... is there any shortcut to do this? bcoz I consulted to my project manager and found that he is not interested in waypoints... he just want that enemies can shoot player...
any how I will continue adding waypoints...
but as my pc is not available, I think I have to make some small functions that will make 'enemies can shoot'.... can u help me in writing these kind of functions...?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Simple. Check if the player is within the view angle of the enemy:

This (AngleToTarget) gives a relative angle. If AngleToTarget is less than 100degrees, for instance, the player is withing the "view angle". If not, don't do anything. If player is within the view angle, check collisions with scene objects (your level). If no visual collision, the enemy can fire.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 03:43 Edited at: 1st Aug 2012 03:48
did you make all you models textures and object for this game or did you buy a small 3d pack too help you some of these models. three-d studio max is quite expensive. I use an old version that was made in 2000 so I don't have to pay 4000 dollars for the new version. I think I can use this version because I bought it with the old back key thing on the back of computer.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Wana7262
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes i have created all the models in 3Ds Max 2010 an 2011 and textures in Adobe Photoshop CS6.... Now you don't have to pay for 3D Studio Max... you can download any autodesk software FREE... just sign up at students.autodesk.com and get ur 100% Free 3Ds max, Maya, AutoCad etc....
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 04:36 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2012 04:44
I think this is a model that I did along time ago, but forgot alot sence I started coding. I used someone elses copy of threedstudio to render this. I don't make threed games because then I would have to buy threed studio I just practice it know and again. Not so good at charactors like you are though can't get the bones structure right.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:33:28