Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / What plugins or addons are available for Dark GDK .NET ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have two questions -

1. I am unable to find any plugins or addons for Dark GDK .NET. Does the Dark GDK addons work with .NET versions ?

2. Does Dark GDK .NET work with .NET version 4.0 ?
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody ???? !!!! Strange.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 19:13
Juggernaut,

The downside is that the plugins available for DarkBASIC Professional and DarkGDK, are not compatible with DarkGDK.NET. It does require a little work to move them over to DarkGDK.NET due to the way in which DarkGDK.NET is built to work under the .NET framework.

Paul.

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul,

Thank you for explaining. Hope there will be plugins some day.

Thanks,
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 10:31
Quote: "The downside is that the plugins available for DarkBASIC Professional and DarkGDK, are not compatible with DarkGDK.NET. It does require a little work to move them over to DarkGDK.NET due to the way in which DarkGDK.NET is built to work under the .NET framework."

How can this be achieved, thanks

tehuti2999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 07:49
I know this is old post but for those who come across this the Plugins come installed, if purchased you need to just reference them in your project properties.
tehuti2999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 07:58
I'm a DarkGDK.NET VB.NET user and I can attest that the plugins are there sometimes I switch back and forth between them depending on the app I'm trying to develop. just reference them and add
Imports DarkGDKPlugins at the to of your code.
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you please confirm what plugins are available for Dark GDK .NET ?

All the available Dark GDK plugins are C++ dlls. You mean to say those plugins work with Dark GDK .NET too ?

If so how ?
Ravencraft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 12:26
You will need to create a wrapper, which serves as a translation bridge, so to say, between your plugin and your application. Google wrappers for more information on this topic.
Not all plugins will work as desired this way, as not all of the same types exist between VB and C++. If the base C++ passes a pointer, VB's pointers are not very efficient nor necessarily compatible.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 16:53
Also, due to the nature of how DarkGDK.NET is built, any plugin that was written for say DarkDGK (C++ version) or DarkBASIC Professional, will require a CRL class wrapper that references DarkGDKPlugins, as this DLL contains the main core structure that the underlying libraries from DarkGDK used.

Writing plugins for DarkGDK.NET isn't unfortunately a case of just referencing the DLL in your project because it knows nothing about the main GlobStruct pointer which DarkGDK.NET uses when initialising your application. If the GlobStruct pointer is passed to the Plugin DLL, you would also need to setup Native calls into unmanaged functions from your application. Generally, it's quite complicated and hence that's why I wrote the DarkGDKPlugins DLL to try and simplify porting of DarkBASIC Professional and DarkGDK (C++) plugins to DarkGDK.NET.

Paul.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 23:38
APEXnow - Any chance on that tutorial?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:48:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:48:23