Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / W.I.P. Henchman for FPS(Still sculpting.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 03:54 Edited at: 12th Sep 2012 04:10
Almost done with the animation(this weekend I will finish it.) But here is a full render I did for fun. I also had to go back and make a new rig because rigify doesn't work with FPS Creator(that I can figure out.) Comments please..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 03:58 Edited at: 12th Sep 2012 04:06
Edit I double posted the samething some how sorry..[/u]

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 15:27
Looks fantastic! Really

Quote: "Okay I need some help now or this model ain't going to see Fps Creator. This is my problem I can export it into Fps Creator just fine but when I go to add a shader it goes all weird on me. So I did a search and found out in the shader you can change the bone matrix to fit your armature(the original being 60 or 32 in some cases) I only exported my key frame bone(there is only 34 That I exported, 334 for all which is way to high.)(I drop my rig and use rigify and customized to fit my needs.) But now Since I did that the texture doesn't show up Just a black model. Any suggestions."

I doubt that was the problem. What shaders did you try?

My only crit would be that the material in your presentation gives the character a slight "plastic" look

Are you for hire concidering rigging stuff?

-Wolf

"This thread has been locked for the following reason: Too much EPIC" - Thraxas
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 18:27
indeed, slight plastic look, do you have a specular map on that..? and the skin texture, in the render, looks very flat (as in not much detail to it)

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 21:26
It's looking great, spec map will definitely help push it to realism. I would also say that the boots seem fairly low detail compared to the rest and it gives them an unfinished feel

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2012 08:28 Edited at: 18th Sep 2012 08:56
Thanks all.

@Wolf
Quote: "Are you for hire considering rigging stuff? "

Hire no.. But i will help you out with it. But I have to finish this other project first(he probably thinks I forgot about him its been a month now.). Someone on these forums asked for help re-texture the NPCs in model pack 23(think its that one the roman one.).

Quote: "I doubt that was the problem. What shaders did you try?"

Any shader that used bone weights didnt work but the ones that didnt require weighted bone worked fine.

@Quik
Quote: "slight plastic look, do you have a specular map on that..? and the skin texture, in the render, looks very flat (as in not much detail to it)"

Yes it does have a spec map on it, but the Subsurface shader part of it blurs that out a lot. and same with the skin it actually has 5 layer of detail and freckles.(don't know much about rendering set ups yet.)

@Ortu
Quote: "I would also say that the boots seem fairly low detail compared to the rest and it gives them an unfinished feel"

Your right there not done I got tired of texture him(started over 5 times trying to get it right.) But after I'm done with the animations ill go back to them and finish them.

Here just a screen shot no post rendering. Hope you can see it better.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Seth

Well done on the henchman - he looks stunning, especially the cloth textures and the detail like the protruding artery in the crook of the arm.

Quote: "(he probably thinks I forgot about him its been a month now.)"

LOL - I haven't, but guess who else I asked for assistance - Wolf.
Gotta love the irony!

Looking forward to hearing from you when you have more time on your hands.

Eugene
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2012 03:22
skin looks a LOT better in that pic

Whose eyes are those eyes?
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2012 09:53
Thanks That's what it will look like in game.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 04:35 Edited at: 21st Nov 2012 05:03
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this any(I've been stuck working a buttload of hours since earlier October.) But now that its finally slowed down I can get back to work.

But I have a deal for you guys if you help the kickstart for fpsc reloaded ill give this model and my next 2 out to you guys for free, Even if it doesn't see the light of day. if it does everyone get them, If not the people who backed it get them for free. I'll figure out how to do that later but for now let try getting us a new fps creator.

Thanks, Chris

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:43:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:43:12