Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Form Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 03:58
Is it possible for the DarkGDK component in embedded form to keep rendering/running while the form is being moved/dragged/resized? I have not found a good solution, but for the server application I'm writing, I would like to know if there is a solution for this.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 19:15
One way possibly, would be to ensure that you call the Sync method during the form resize / move events of your application. I also think that this is dependent on what optimisations you have enabled or disabled under Windows, i.e. Enable windows contents dragging when moving windows about the desktop.

Paul.

FireIndy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 21:09
Hey Apex, I'm not really drawing anything to the window really. I tried putting a sync in the window move event, and it still didn't update. And I also have that optimization on.

Like I said, the DarkGDK component is there just for using the engine. I never, ever render anything to the screen. I use .NET controls that interact with the engine, and that's it.

My loop looks like this:

This just lets the component run without interference (works quite well actually). The only issue I've run into is this window dragging issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:52:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:52:43