Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / [DBP] Binary Wallpaper - 4 Lines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 13:51
I was browsing around the forums at the 20 line snippets and saw a few wallpaper programs. I have very little programming knowledge but i created this wallpaper just for fun.

All it is is a scrolling wall of 1's and 0's but i found it fun to make.

Unfortunately I tried making how far it scrolled down the screen automatic but my attempts failed. So now you need to edit 'Size' (First variable) to the amount of lines you want. If anyone can help with the auto sizing then that would be great!
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 03:07 Edited at: 1st Aug 2012 03:08
For some reason this didn't appear as a post on the forum home page.

It's a little simplistic (I've seen more simpistic) but points for joining in.

To answer your questions, to get the correct number of rows (and columns come to that) you need to get the height of the text with the TEXT HEIGHT(string$) command and then divide the screen height by the text height, this will give you the number of rows. You can then use the height of the text to space out the rows. You can then do the same thing with the text and screen width.

You may have to set the text font first. I'm not sure but have a play.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:19:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:19:08