Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player is Not receiving my App in iPhone or Android through Wi-Fi

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't build my app in my iPhone or android or any where... This is an particular app. When ever I want Play that app, It shows "I have App" or "5687 port is already listening. Failed to receive App on this socket."

I have built AppGameKit Player 3times. But its not working. Except this app, any other app is running quite well.

Helo me out of it. I have Already made a game, now its not working.

Subbir Rahman
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 17:04
First, does the app play properly in Windows?

Second, when you say you built the Player, do you mean in Xcode for iOS or using cygwin/Eclipse for Android?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 22:13
I have 2 wifi routers, and my games only broadcast on the main one, maybe that's your problem?

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 22:28
Don't know and I'm not worried about it. I install the apps directly from Xcode or Eclipse and test that way.

Wireless devices and I don't get along well. They don't want to work for me. I proved that one Thanksgiving when everyone else (about 8 people) could get a wireless mouse to work on my nephew's computer and it would not work for me.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 11:59
Quote: "Wireless devices and I don't get along well. They don't want to work for me. I proved that one Thanksgiving when everyone else (about 8 people) could get a wireless mouse to work on my nephew's computer and it would not work for me."

Sorry Ancient Lady , could not resist

Subbir - So your issue is with your wireless router? what make and model is it?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 16:36
MrValentine, giggles and laughs!

My husband (an engineer in the telecomms field for 30 years) came to the conclusion that I apparently absorb more rf signals than most people and actually interfere with some devices.

I've been building and working with computer hardware for 30 years. As long as there are wires involved, or it stays far enough away, no problems.

Fortunately, my Mac sits just far enough away that it is happy to use our wireless network. But it does get upset if I walk right next to it.

It helps to know ones limits.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 16:47 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2012 16:48
not to sound funny but...

Quote: "My husband (an engineer in the telecomms field for 30 years) came to the conclusion that I apparently absorb more rf signals than most people and actually interfere with some devices."

Me thinks MI5 has a solution to securing any rooms of all enemy devices >.<

EDIT

Just in case of future readers and that video being pulled, and maybe nobody got the joke, The song was Sugababes - Push the button, as in reference to the Sync button on a wireless device >.<

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 16:56
Unfortunately, the mouse worked for 8 other people before and after me, so it wasn't a sync issue.

Of course, someone could have had some device that generated interference and only turned it on when I was trying to use the mouse. I wouldn't put that past anyone in my family (jokers, the whole lot of them).

Sometimes it is user error. While I was at my Dad's one time, I was trying to use my optical mouse while working at a coffee table. I just couldn't understand why it was responding so slowly. Then I took another look at the clear glass top of the the table and realized it was slow because the optical signal had to bounce off the floor under the table. Sometimes the brightest bulb can be quite dimm! I had a good laugh.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 17:01
haha No i was teasing about the button... I know you are wiser... but yeah I can bet they were pulling one over you haha

And that glass thing... oh does it bring back memories...

Subbir, whert for art thou?

Subbir
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, it works in windows. I cant play it through device. Anyway, I have copied my whole project in another file and run it. It doesn't create any problem this time. My be the device has cached the name of the application. Thats why it wasn't running as it always listening to the same port or the app. Now it solved. Thanks by the way...

Subbir Rahman
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 16:41
I'm glad you got it working.

And I apologize for the way we sort of hijacked your thread to 'play'. It happens sometimes.

I now have broadcasting working to all my handheld devices (two iOS and two Android). And I am sometimes willing to test things for people if we cannot resolve the issues in these forums.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Subbir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 12:29 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2012 12:37
The same problem arises again. An the thing is I have reinstalled the AppGameKit player this time on my device(iPhone) but it is not working. The issue is showing now is 'i Have App'. It runs fine in windows. But whenever I try to transmit it through wifi, it happens. What should I do??

Subbir Rahman
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 13:02
I think that looks like the version inconsistency issue...

AL some light here?

Subbir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 13:35 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2012 13:36
I dont think its a version issue. Caz I had the older one as well. It ask to re-build the app with the new interpreter_ios. I have done so. It builds other project. If I continuously compile and run the same app again and again, then it shows the error. Then I have to create the same project as a new one, have to compile the codes and the media files in the new project directory then it runs. But this time, its not working either. Its killing me.

Subbir Rahman
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 14:21
I had the "i have app" bug when making squashies. It turns out if your bytcode is exactly divisible by 1300 in size (or something like that) you will get this bug.

That being the case I would write some more code and see what happens. The bug is fixed in the next version of AGK.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Subbir
Years of Service
User Offline
Yahh... Thanks. It works. But I am using 1076. Then y its showing?

Subbir Rahman
Zeerun
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 15:23
Have you tried disabling your computer's firewall before transmitting?
Mine transmitted fine from my house, but not at my friends, I was going to accuse his router, luckily I tried the firewall first

I seek perfection but wear my scars with pride
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 15:27
Quote: "Yahh... Thanks. It works. But I am using 1076. Then y its showing?"

It will be fixed in V108.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:22:07