Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] OPS: Hong Kong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 02:11 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 02:19
imageflock.com/img/1344120340.jpg[/img]

I was getting pretty rusty as it was, so I decided to just make a game to get all my rust out, and I didn't think it was half bad, so I decided to release it. btw: CTRL IS CROUCH

Developer: Bugsy
FPSC: X9 V1.18 with WASP mod.

Story: Most criminals get lost in the money and the power, and when they exit the police's jurisdiction, sometimes the time comes for private intervention. That's where the OPS team comes in. The mission was a routine hit. "Liquidation" as they call it. An arms dealer, originally based in the states, had gone to Hong Kong on a business mission. It was a simple objective. He had to be killed before he completed the transaction. I headed for his apartment, but when i got there, he was gone. He didn't cover his tracks, however, and now it's time to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

imageflock.com/img/1344120895.png[/img]
imageflock.com/img/1344120934.png[/img]

Since this is a big file, you'll have to use gamefront to download it. sorry I couldn't host it elsewhere. if you know of any other places that support 350mb file uploads for free, comment here and I'll be more than happy to upload it there for you.

Download Mirrors:
Gamefront

Credits:
Special thanks to Wolf for a couple of things he made from our cyberpunk pack, PWP for rigging, and a retexture, Abdul Ahad because he's awesome, and TheK for some models.

Contact Me:
Wray2u@gmail.com
Skype Name: isaacpreston

Known Bugs:
let me preface this section by saying, I only had two testers, myself and a buddy. I haven't done an extra build to work out all the kinks but, here's what's been discovered. if anyone else finds something, let me know, if you find anything gamebreaking that isn't fixable, I'll rebuild it.

Level 1:
Headshots don't register on alert henchmen
Henchmen can't be seen through glass, but can still fire (bullets wont pierce glass)
Missized muzzleflares

Level 2:
Can't pick up enemy guns (don't worry you've got plenty of ammo on your silenced MP5)
Sometimes enemies don't see you
Jumping puzzle tip: jump up, then press forward. in that order.

Level 3:
Odd lag on first roof.
Be sure to jump at the very edge and keep holding the move key so you'll clear the first gap, it's a monster.
Missized muzzleflares
Game occasionally crashes on ride up the elevator. (it's the end of the game anyway so if you got here you won)
T key picks up exploding barrel, rightclick will just aim at it. it doesn't respawn so don't be stupid.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 11:10
Nice work Bugsy! Ill be downloading this in a few hours. Im really keen to see how the model pack turned out.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 11:12
this isn't the model pack game. this is just a little weekend project to make sure i am still good at FPSC after 3 months without it

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 12:26
I downloaded the game because it sounded pretty cool.
Buut I cant seem to load level 3. It gives me a message when I try to load it saying that fpsc has stopped working, and I've got to close. The game is great except for that last part.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 13:23 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 13:59
Oh yes, Bugsy with another masterpiece. Downloading this as we speak.

EDIT: I'm stuck on level 2! I've killed everyone, looked all over the place and I can't find anything

Putting the fun back into Fungus since 1984.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 17:39
Quote: "EDIT: I'm stuck on level 2! I've killed everyone, looked all over the place and I can't find anything
"

Think Bugsy! (look for the ventshaft)

"This thread has been locked for the following reason: Too much EPIC" - Thraxas
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 18:04 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 18:05
Nice game, I enjoyed the atmosphere!

It's very buggy, though. After the fourth try (caused by bugs, not dying in the game) I've given up somewhere in level 2 when nothing happened although I cleared the area (I've found the air vent mentioned above already).
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 19:32
@dominik-
can you tell me some of the bugs it's got so I can fix them? level 3's pretty fun so you should try to get there

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 19:57 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 20:02
The game seems to crash when loading level 3, Ill try it again though.

EDIT: Nope, tried again. Still crashes. However I can give you a review of the first 2 levels so here goes:

Pros:

Top-notch level design. It looks amazing, however it has a few flaws (read below)

Fun gunfights.

Enjoyable play overall.

Cons:

Minor level design flaws (e.g in the second level if you look outside of the windows where the buildings are you can see the bottom of the skybox. Also it's very easy to get stuck in level one where you have to climb to the top vent.)

The voice actor sounds rather bored.

4.5/5 - Just address those small issues and it will be all good

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 22:15
XD the voice actor was me.

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 23:06
Quote: "XD the voice actor was me."

Try to sound more interested. If I wasn't listening properly all I would have heard would be "Arag mum mumble"

Levi barros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 01:53
Top of the line!

imageflock.com/img/1314854574.bmp[/img]
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 02:54
to fix the loading level 3 bug where it freezes, try turning down the textures in setup.ini. maybe set divide texture size to 4

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 08:31 Edited at: 6th Aug 2012 08:39
Bugsy I tried what you said and it made no difference.

However for the first two levels I agree with Dark Frager, to me it was a bit of a letdown to be able to see the bottom of the skybox. The Gunfights are fun, the level design is great. Good game but I really need to be able to play the whole game.

Edit - One small thing is that the start game/load game buttons of the main menu seem to be out of line with their actions. When I clicked on load game it closed me out, as if I pushed exit game. Nothing much, but whatever I guess it wont be harmful to mention it.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 14:09
Nope. Still doesn't work. Did what you said and also turned of AA and AF. Still crashes.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
This is extremely ironic because level 3 actually didn't crash on me at all. I played through to the end and it was actually pretty fun. Like Bugsy said, it was a quick mock up of a game. Not very shabby.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 04:10
thanks astek and levi barros-
@everyone else

if it works for some, and the third level won't load for others, I can't understand the issue.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 15:31 Edited at: 7th Aug 2012 15:33
I played it too and the 3rd level loaded with no problems.

But the level design and gameplay.... *cough* .....is Hong Kong meant to be a space station or the city here on earth?

I'll give it a 2nd try....later....

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 15:44
Quote: "Hong Kong meant to be a space station"

i'm really surprised everyone is so up in arms about the whole "see the skybox out the windows" thing

putting ground under those buildings made the level surpass the memcap!

as for level 3- I thought it was very believable!

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 17:01 Edited at: 7th Aug 2012 17:04
Its not only seeing the skybox beneth the buildings, its also the chioce of the skybox itself

And
Quote: "putting ground under those buildings made the level surpass the memcap!"

Welcome to the club.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
cool game ima give you a review later by the way i didnt have any bugs or problems until the extraction point the game crashed!

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ".....is Hong Kong meant to be a space station or the city here on earth?"

I give him credit for artistic freedom. The skybox did spice it up a lot.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 04:27
Quote: "putting ground under those buildings made the level surpass the memcap"

try putting a really big plane on the ground with a ground texture tiled on it. It would only be 2 polys and would look the same.

Just when you unwrap it make sure to scale it so the texture tiles to look like it was made of segments.

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 09:16
Quote: "try putting a really big plane on the ground with a ground texture tiled on it. It would only be 2 polys and would look the same."

thats what I did in level 3. in level 2 it was simply too much to process.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2012 21:47
So I got hired again! ...it was only a matter of time until my skills where required again. This time its hongkong! ...And its having a lot less polygons since my last visit. Nor is it that asian. Everything reminds me a lot more of a cheesy american 80's tv special but that might also be all the coffee I had during the flight. They immediately introduced me during the loading screen. I was sent in to kill some dude with a perfectly rectangular face. Ha! What a square! Me, well I was the commando dude with the huge strapon attached to my helmet... some things never change.

I failed to get the guy in his incredibly lame appartment, He had a huge trapdoor that let in an underground bunker thingie... dang smart! At least he had a good computer... and a server rack. Must be one of these new freaking alienware things that take up all the space in your room.

I jumped after him and ended up in a bunker room where some dude informed me that I was weapons free...must be a woman! no guy talks this much...and I have to sit through an entire mission with that lady?! I dont even like phonesex.

but say! There I thought I would have been lucky...there was this lovely lady in combat gear. Just my type! So I went over there to say hello but she just kept staring catatonicly at a black screen. So I was contemplating wether to ... use my strap on on her or not... I decided not to do so, her completely static behaviour and nonexistent reaction to an armed spec ops ninja jumping in her basment wierded even me out! ...and thats saying a lot because I'm getting off easy!

So I remembered that I had a mission to complete... must pay the bills somehow. I kept crawling through some ventshafts and found two guys turning their backs on each other... must have been married. I took them out of their misery. Silent but deadly! Even my wife never notices me when I sneek in at night. Dang! I'm good.

Not that good because these next freaking guys in some storage place tried to fry me. Yeah! Nice! Try taking on the freaking wolf, you losers! I immediatey ditched my silenced mp 5 (why do they keep declining my requested grenade launcher...it would make life so much easier during these stealht ops) and picked up a scoped M4! These guys didnt even know what hit em.

So I came in some nice lobby where I should be quiet . But I wasnt. I still had my assault rifle and why being quiet if there is no one left to hear you. Cleaned these rooms like the ace I am. I even poured me a glass of saké... hey! I'm in china! I then crawled through an other shaft. ...heres something your girlfriend never lets you do!

I found that guy and took him out. He was completely helpless but thank sushi that I'm a man of honor and I would never shoot an unarmed...aaah! who am I kidding! I shot the guy and got the heck out of there.

The lady on the radio told me to get to the big blue sign. Where there was only a massive red sign to be seen. How typical! Women!
There was some guy on the roof ...one of these guards, soldiers...whatever they where wo must have been tripping on the roof. Maybe he was playing mirrors edge...what an awful game! So many innovations and such a stylish design. Really lame! I prefer call of duty 12!. Anyway! I managed to get to the elevator and got out!

Remember kids! These are all just terrible jokes... no need to read this post at all...even though its probably too late once you read this. Ponys!

"This thread has been locked for the following reason: Too much EPIC" - Thraxas
skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 11:08
Read the whole thing. Well played

windows 7 ultimate 64bit, AMD FX 4170 Quad core 4.2ghz, ASUS Radeon HD7770 1GB overclocked, 8gb 1866mhz ram, western digital caviar black 1T mech drive
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 20:15
Awesome post Wolf! Really enjoyed reading that, you should do more reviews like that in the future, as this one was really great! Cracked me up a few times. You did all that in a monologue but still addressed all points that you needed, all the while still keeping in character.

About the game; I did download it a while ago, but never finished. I will be playing this through in to time again!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 03:00
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
i play your game and my critics:
the ki is very bad, for example:
- i am in this air shaft and i must kill this two guys(first level), but i can go to them and in front of them without that they react on me 2/10
The graphic is high 8/10
Story: sounds good, but ingame i did not feel anything from this 5/10
Sound: very good 9/10 one point away because i did not hear ambience sound which underline the atmosphere

All in all a good game, what has not many problems and its worth to play. I know that it is too hard for a good ai in FPSC
But: It will never reach a game like impuzzable

you need a script? I need useful requests at the moment!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200918&b=23
BeanEGAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
Mine wont run I click the EXE, watch Task Manager, it appears then disappears, oh well

Litesoft Limited
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 20:01
It's nice, in my opinion.

I liked your OPS: Escape (I think that was the name) maybe better, but that's just saying on the first level as that game wouldn't load past that.

But anyways! I really love how it looks and love the small grain you got going on in the screen. It looks stylistic. The visuals are really good, only gripe is that I can see the bottom of the skybox when I push myself against the windows, but no, I'm not taking any points away from that

The gameplay, was ok. I appreciate the occasional shooter here, especially when it has tactical parts and even some parkour (it is a Bugsy game in the end so..). There was a good attempt at stealth, even though the enemies didn't quite go all out with your idea, but when it works, it works fairly well. I just wish it worked consistently throughout the game. I especially want to mention the part where the woman starts shooting at me, I kill here and 2 henchmen walk up to where she died and don't even take an effort at shooting at me, even though I'm firing straight at them.

The action parts are what I think the best parts of the game. I like the first real shootout when you fire through the windows and then have to jump through the window to proceed. That was really well executed and made me wish the game had more moments like this. The rooftop shootout was also really well done, but felt underwhelming after the first one which I found very good. It's still spectacular though, and it gives me an adrenaline rush running on the rooftops (you know, as much as a game normally can).

The voice acting was good, you sounded like you fit the part, it just sounded like you could have given more. Who was the one acting in Fenix OPS, he sounded awesome, maybe you could do more work with him, so that both of you have roles in a game. The music department on the other hand, was great I think. Nothing to complaint about here.

The story was good for what it was. It's a simple "do your mission" assassination story. Pretty straight forward, not any real twists, but it did it's job.

I say it was a quite fun experience, it had it's flaws, especially in the stealth department. I think you've done better in terms of gameplay before, but this still isn't bad and quite refreshing after all the horror games and zombie shooters around here (and I'm not putting anyone down, hell I'm doing a zombie shooter at the moment and it wouldn't be the first or the last time I do so ). And I'm waiting forward for what you come up with next! Keep it up!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 19:47
thanks metaldevil really glad you enjoyed the rooftops, and even more glad about the music, I had to make it myself

@corno this game isn't tryign to be anything like impuzzable so i don't feel like it's fair to compare them.

@BEANegames try running it as admin, and make sure you've got all your latest drivers/directx/and the minimum required computer specs

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this game isn't tryign to be anything like impuzzable so i don't feel like it's fair to compare them."

i will not offense you! This was a comparison in this way that you have no innovation. Fpsc is full of possibilities and you just make a good looking game. Your game is like far cry 2. I played it through, but at the end i delete it from my harddrive and don´t remeber.
I did not know what your game should be. I would say: "It is a game forthe FPSC Community. I can not remember that in the first room in a game, i search so long for something like a key to open the door. To know i must through the window, what for sounds like a bug, sry. So if you do not accept my critics, it´s ok. But be sure that you not say, hey it is fpsc and if it is looking good, everything is reached. Mobile games are more buyed than Portable games for psp ds ... and the most are not such beautiful like your game. So ask you: Did i make a game or just a a beautiful 3d image?

you need a script? I need useful requests at the moment!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200918&b=23
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 20:09
Came across a couple of weird things right away in the game.

1. The polys in the bathtub and toilet are not smooth, causing the models to show their triangular faces instead of being smooth surfaces. Might be my machine, though.

2. When going down the trap door, I actually just stepped up to the edge of it and slid down the ladder that was there. I know this is how FPSC functions as far as ladders are concerned, but it's just odd from a gaming perspective that you can't stop on the ladder.

3. I got into the first room and saw the person sitting on the chair through the windows. I tried to shoot the person, but I was apparently out of ammo in the gun and it just clicked as if there was no ammo chambered. Normally, not a big deal, but there were no HUDs being displayed to show player life or ammo, so I'm wondering if the game didn't adjust the screen size appropriately.

4. Same situation above, but when I hit fire it clicked and then the sound file for no ammo in the weapon looped. It never stopped, even when I reloaded, opened doors, or picked anything up. I couldn't keep playing as the clicking noise was bad.

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 20:21
This looks really awesome bugsy can't wait to play it!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 02:08
Quote: "3. I got into the first room and saw the person sitting on the chair through the windows. I tried to shoot the person, but I was apparently out of ammo in the gun and it just clicked as if there was no ammo chambered. Normally, not a big deal, but there were no HUDs being displayed to show player life or ammo, so I'm wondering if the game didn't adjust the screen size appropriately.

4. Same situation above, but when I hit fire it clicked and then the sound file for no ammo in the weapon looped. It never stopped, even when I reloaded, opened doors, or picked anything up. I couldn't keep playing as the clicking noise was bad."

to the best of my knowledge no one else has ever gotten this problem and I can't for the life of me understand why you have.

Quote: "To know i must through the window, what for sounds like a bug, sry."

really don't understand why the simplest of puzzles confuses everyone so much to the point they dislike it.

Quote: "This looks really awesome bugsy can't wait to play it!"

I'm glad, have fun.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 13:26
I must say mate, it looks really good.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but, i will download it later tonight and give you my review if you would like?

Am i correct is saying this is the tech demo to showcase the cyberpunk model pack (which is great by the way! I love all the attention to detail you and Wolf put in to it)

Unfamillia

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2012 23:40 Edited at: 7th Nov 2012 23:41
The game download is missing in filefront. If you click download, it won't download and will redirect you to the homepage of filefront..

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 04:10 Edited at: 8th Nov 2012 04:13
Quote: "Am i correct is saying this is the tech demo to showcase the cyberpunk model pack"

no. this is just a little thing i did for fun over a weekend.

@pekelaarSFX
will re upload tomorrow.

imageflock.com/img/1352257476.gif[/img]
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 09:41
Quote: "no. this is just a little thing i did for fun over a weekend."

Quote: "i did for fun over a weekend."

Quote: "over a weekend."

Quote: "weekend."

Dagnabbit, that's awesome, over a weekend? Cool

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 22:28
new download link (please work)

imageflock.com/img/1352257476.gif[/img]
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
great game i want to see more!!

matthew

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:41:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:41:03