Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / FallingBoxes AGK first game :D

Author
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 14:55 Edited at: 18th Aug 2012 01:31
latest file Update:
introducing Box Timers , Sizes and Bonuses !!!

https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2386098

extremlly exicted with AppGameKit learned basic in like 2 days
and wanted to post a very simple game , you are a man you just got dumped by your girlfriend apperntly she cought you having sex with a rabbit.. well long story shirt she kicked you from her adpartment and now you are like outside of the adpartment thinking what to do ...
when suddenly she throws your stuff from her window

and all you have to do is to avoid being hit , if it hit you by a bit its ok but if it hits you right in the head well.. youre done.

currently the project have no real graphics or the balcony from where the boxes are falling also no animations but the system works ok i used GetDirectionX so on mobiles you will have to avoid by tilting your device on pc you can use the right and left buttons

this is a simple yet fun game to play and it is the first of many to come.

enjoy , the project file is also included if you want to change anything or something i dont know , well actually if you can take a look see if what i did was right in the basic way im a c++ programmer this is my first time using basic.

enjoy

Falling boxes.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 14:57
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 15:22
Sounds like a realy fun concept, I like the story. I will try it when I get time (if I remember )
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 15:32 Edited at: 15th Aug 2012 15:33
A Rabbit? Haha, thats different... I wonder if you intend to have any animations to support the story ...

Would you mind attaching a Zip File (I'm at work and don't have any program to extract Rar files...)?
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 16:49
yeah i plan on having some nice animations im not so good at 2d but i think i'll manage something out with the knowledge i have on 3d, still there are alot to do and i'll try to see how i approach all these stuff i mentioned.

i will upload a zip soon.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 17:04

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 17:19
Quote: " im not so good at 2d but i think i'll manage something out with the knowledge i have on 3d"

You could make a 3d model and then turn it into sprites...
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 18:16
yeah that what i was thinking but i do not know how to do it 100 percent i think there is a software around here that does just that but it costs money so i'll have to check it.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 23:24
Very cool first effort!

Some sound effects for getting bonked on the head would be good too.

After you get hit, what is the key to restart? I couldn't start again.

Over in the 2D forum (where you posted looking for an artist) check out Josh's crates, many fine crates to drop on the poor boyfriend.

If you have DBPro, or access to 3D models, then any of the model viewers would give you a good start on making a 2D sprite. Just screen grab a few frames of the appropriate poses - hands up, move left, move right, etc.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 14:20
right!! i thought about it and i can make a sprite export from a simple program i can build in GDK ... still thinking how to accomplish that i think it will be done in the next few days

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 14:34
The boxes seem to fall abit to fast for me, perhaps have them fall at different speeds and even differet sizes? Also, like Rich says, being able to restart the game would be useful... This actually reminds me of a project I started months ago, instead of boxes it was coins and instead of a little man it was a bucket, I may have to dig that one out again, from memory, I think I almost finshed it...

Keep it up, its a great first project...
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 16:05
ok , a bit of updates

i created a very simple (very very simple) player character where he has only a head with shoes and he jumps around a bit to make it a bit more dynamic also included 2 additionals frames for it ,, if you move right or left his eyes will follow ...

added some crates from josh 100 crates in day 10 thread , looks awesome

hmmm also added a restart function when you get hit you can click the mouse button to restart the game.

enjoy , still i am looking for 2d artist im not a very succesfull one however i found the program Pencil which is a soft to create 2d animations you can google it its pretty awesome but still its a hard thing to do...

enjoy amd please feedback if you have ideas you want to share
ty Nadav.

Attachments

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 19:00
I tried the game, and it was pretty fun. But the background sticks out to much. I had a very hard time telling the diffirence between it and the falling boxes...
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 21:48
The background will change according to the game theme which is a building Ive added the boxes just for the fun of it

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 01:29
a bit of updates:

ok so far im still learning AppGameKit and i get really used to it byte by byte .
i have added some new features

1. bonuses
a. Grow - when you catch this one your main character will grow making it harder to avoid the boxes
b. shrink - making it easier to avoid boxes
c. Faster - moving faster
d. Slower - moving slower

2. box sizes and box creation
a. a box will be created by a timer
when this timer achive its sceduale a new box will spawn
b. a new timer presented for making all the boxes to spawn faster
c. box size also have a timer , it starts with little boxes and
smoothly grows by 0.003 of its size

3. refined player movement using velocity instead of SetSpritePosition which was i guess kinda dumb to use in the first place , but hi im still learning AppGameKit functionality.

4. Enjoy
and leave me a comment or anything your brilliant mind thought of.

Good Night,
Nadav.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:20:46