Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Impuzzable

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 21:58
Hey Corno

I haven't tried your new script yet mate. I have been very busy with the competition and some work for clients. But, i have just taken a look at the script then; where do i put this one? Does this go in a trigger zone?

Unfamillia

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 21:21
Just a quick update to let everyone know that i will be releasing 5 new levels in the second week of January.

Unfamillia

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 01:25
I have updated the download in the first post.

Its not a huge update, but, there is a new level and a few bugs have been sorted.

I would have two new levels, but, for some reason, level 7 won't build properly. So, i will have to take another look at that one and try to work out what the fault is.

The new download is here, but, i have also updated this in the first post along with the new images.

I plan to get a few more levels out with some new items. Watch this space.

Unfamillia

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 22:31
I played the latest version. Awesome as usual.

Don't waste your life
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 16:15
The new level was good, played it through. Just a question, was it intentional to have the player spawn on top of the level sow that he or she can see what the level layout is like? Because I spawned on the roof. I did get in from a hole in the ceiling so that led me to think that it was intentional.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 18:28
you are supposed to spawn up high outside so you can see the level layout. If you notice, it is shaped like my logo (the graduated JF)

How did you get in through the ceiling? You aren't supposed to do that. When you spawn, if you look to your right, there is a teleport to get you into the level.

Unfamillia

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 21:22
Oh yeah, a teleport I mean. I just didn't write that right away after playing it, and so didn't remember it exactly and assumed there was just a hole in the ceiling. Sorry for that.

Anyways, great level. Love it, just like I love the other ones. It's fun and different. Just waiting if you at some point get a really puzzling puzzle, for now it has been more about platforming. Something like the baseball puzzle, which I think would be better without the baseball hint. The puzzle isn't that cryptic, I mean you got the weight zone right after a ramp, so it's pretty obvious what your goal is even without it. But that's just my look on things. And if you want this to be more like a platformer, then that's great, I love platformers. Just thought that the title says Impuzzable.

Anyways, keep on going with this! It's a great project and one of my favourites!

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2013 01:00 Edited at: 18th Jan 2013 02:12
I did have another level to show everyone, but, for some reason, it always crashed the build. I can build it on its own, but, as soon as you try to build it with other levels, it crashes.

However, saying that, it only crashes after i have edited the loading screens and the menu GUI.

Its a shame really, as its my favourite level and its a huge maze! I can only just do in the time allocated and i know where to go!

i could try to upload it with the stock GUI if you wanted to try it?

Unfamillia

Ok, I kind of cheated FPSC and learnt a new technique of speeding up the build process. Instead of arduously going through each option to change the lives HUD, change the menu buttons, level backgrounds etc. I just named all of mine to the same as the 'basic' versions that FPSC defaults to and overwrite them, so, it thinks it is choosing the default images when it builds the game, but, its actually choosing mine for me every time! Woohoo!

So, i digress, here is the download for the level that i can't sem to get to build with any other level.

Let me know if you can manage it.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2013 06:51
Cool, downloading right now! Let's see if I can complete this maze!

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 22:45
I just played the latest level and I... solved the maze! Woo hoo! It's pretty confusing but once you know where to go and what to do, it's very straight forward.

Don't waste your life
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 23:24
@Metal Devil123

Have you managed to figure it out yet?

@A dude

Well done on solving the maze, how many lives did you use? Remember, this would be level 7 in the game, so, if you failed here, you would have to go back to the beginning and start again! Thanks for playing it though. I should have a new level out soon, just trying to iron out some bugs with a new feature.

Unfamillia

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 10:05
Quote: "Have you managed to figure it out yet?"

Yeah, on my third try I first had to get rid of my regular style of playing, which is to search every corner The second time I went the wrong direction, then I got through because I remembered the turns I made.

I had my worries that this would bee too "maze-y" and it would just be confusing and not fun at all, since a maze level could easily (and lazily) be made into a too big and a confusing mess. At least that's what I did in my early FPSC days when making a level where you go through a maze and fight a minotaur in the middle.

But I was positively surprised (well, not that surprised, I knew it was gonna be good from the very start). It was fun and kinda like a memory game, where if you don't get through at first, you have to remember what turns you took which could have been the wrong ones. You couldn't just run through and hope that things went right. Well, you could and if you had luck, get through with the very first tries to made, but I guess that wasn't the point of this level.

To sum it up: Great level, really liked it. As fun as the other levels.

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 15:40
Quote: "Well done on solving the maze, how many lives did you use? Remember, this would be level 7 in the game, so, if you failed here, you would have to go back to the beginning and start again! Thanks for playing it though. I should have a new level out soon, just trying to iron out some bugs with a new feature.
"

I thought we could save in the game?

Don't waste your life
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 15:47
Quote: "I thought we could save in the game?"

Well, you can cheat if you want.....

Would it be mean of me to remove the save feature?

Unfamillia

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 00:56
Quote: "Would it be mean of me to remove the save feature?
"

I think so.

Don't waste your life
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 13:09
New level should be up tonight. I will get that out as a single level game, just to get peoples thoughts.

I noticed that a few people have asked for more puzzling levels. I hope this new one will meet your expectations.

Unfamillia

Dida
Years of Service
User Offline
cool

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it contained offensive text. Why? WHYYYYY !
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 21:44
Here is the newest level. I will be level number 8.

I know i probably should just work on a group of levels and then release them, but, i like to let people know i am still working on this.

I will release this soon in the showcase section as a complete download containing all the levels.

I hope you enjoy the new level. As always, thoughts and comments please.

Unfamillia

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 21:16
I thought i would get my game on IndieDB.

Anyone that is following this game, please feel free to pop over there, have a poke around and maybe leave some really good feedback. The sort of feedback that makes other people (non FPSC forum users) say,

"WOW! if that guy said that, this game must be amazing!"

That is all.

Unfamillia

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 00:39
Glad to see progress here...

[This one ]

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2013 13:31
Thanks Mr Valentine.

I think you will be pleased to know that i am currently working on the new media for the official remake of Touch of Fear, but, this time, i have a very talented coder in tow, plus, i can model and texture things myself this time. The media i have so far is looking nice. Once i have a demo out for the game (I am looking to take this one commercial) would you be able to host it again?

To everyone else, i have reinstalled FPSC and have dedicated it to the new game, so unfortunately, progress on this game will no longer be continuing.

If anyone is interested, i can upload all the media used (segments, textures, scripts, models and sounds) so you can make your own levels? If anyone would be interested?

Consider it an Impuzzable Kit.

Unfamillia

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 14th Feb 2013 14:02
Of course I can... Also check out my new service... Although there is also a new 100MB file limit for the forum post files you could also archive them on my repository for future easy access I mention this for your kit there just register anytime and I will activate your account and the original page is still dedicated to full game downloads as voted by the Cheesecake loving FPSC Facebook group ... Check my profile posts for the thread for the repository... On mobile right now Speak soon!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2013 19:18
Quote: "To everyone else, i have reinstalled FPSC and have dedicated it to the new game, so unfortunately, progress on this game will no longer be continuing. "

Noooo! Now i will be forced to go back to Mario on the SNES.

Quote: "If anyone is interested, i can upload all the media used (segments, textures, scripts, models and sounds) so you can make your own levels? If anyone would be interested?

Consider it an Impuzzable Kit. "

We can host it on our site if needed.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2013 19:38
Sorry Foxes. I understand that you were following this game along with your cubs. I will get all the media collated and packaged up. If i have time, i will write a few little explanations as to how to use and place all the trigger zones.

Have no fear though. Many of the puzzles used in this game will be implemented in the remake of my original game - Touch of Fear. I hope you will enjoy that one as much as you have this. It won't have that same, 'Snes magic' about it as it will be a more polished game with shaders and such.

Unfamillia

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 15:15
Awww man.. one of the most interesting projects is no more. Well, I bet Touch of Fear will be just as great. And that Impuzzable kit does sound pretty badass.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi unfamillia

This was one of those *outstanding, imaginative* games that I looked upon to provide me with inspiration. I hope you continue to develop within your new/old game As you stated.

Eugene
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2013 00:16
@Metal Devil123

Sorry if i have let you down mate. I did really enjoy making this game, but, i want to make something with a bit of substance now.

@elbow

I hope you can find inspiration in my new project. I won't have a wip thread up for a while as i am in the process of creating all the media for it first and i want to ensure that i do this one properly.

@everyone else,

I have just got back from a weekend away with family, so, i haven't had time to collate all the media from Impuzzable to make a pack for you. I promise, i will get it done in the next few days.

Unfamillia

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have just got back from a weekend away with family, so, i haven't had time to collate all the media from Impuzzable to make a pack for you. I promise, i will get it done in the next few days.
"

Wow thanks for this. Will it be ok if I make a kind of community project out of it. Like the portal custom maps for download

Not a game!! Just maps who everybody can download and play

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2013 01:44 Edited at: 24th Feb 2013 02:41
I must apologise to everyone that has been waiting for me to upload this Impuzzable Kit (if anyone has).

I have been too engrossed in the new models i am making for the game i am working on.

I have arranged all of the files that i used in Impuzzable, so, all you need to do is drag all the files into your 'Files' folder of the FPSC and you should have everything working perfectly.

Unfortunately, i was not able to include the main 'weapon' due to it being a modified version of Unarmed_1 from model pack 9. Its not my stuff to give away, so, i can't.

If anyone has this pack and would like the modified gunspec, sounds and texture, please feel free to ask.

I am currently uploading the files to my Dropbox and will post the link as soon as it is finished. (its fairly large - 285mb)

@Corno

once its uploaded, do what you want with it mate. Obviously it all still remains my intellectual property, so, you can't sell it or claim it to be your own, but, feel free to pass it around and make a project out of it.

Unfamillia

Download link is HERE

!! Be Warned !! The download is 285MB

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 13:42
If anyone does download this, please can you let me know if everything is working for you?

Also, to let me know if you like it.

Unfamillia

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "EDIT - Ok, i have re packed it and have tested it myself to make sure that it will open properly. Sometimes with Vishnu, if you change the icon, it causes issues."

Is this when you change the Vishnu icon after the game is packed ?

I will look into this issue.

Played the game and is one of the best games I have played in fpsc it was well addictive and great game.

Uses the engine very well.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2013 09:27
Hi S4,

yeah, its an issue after the game has been packed, then i reopen Vishnu and change the icon that way. Is that the correct way to do it?

Thanks for the comment and thanks for all the Vishnu products! They are great.

Did you ever see my other game (Touch of Fear)?

I am remaking that with the another forum member (remaining nameless for now) and this game - Impuzzable - was just a tech demo to see how different puzzles and 'zones' played out in a game environment. All of the puzzles and zones will be featured in the new game.

Unfamillia

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 05:52
I downloaded the kit and it worked fine. It has some pretty cool things in there, of which at a later stage should be very useful.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 09:57
@Burger,

Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked it. I hope it comes in handy for you.

Maybe, if you get chance, you could have a pop at making an Impuzzable level?

Unfamillia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:26:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:26:38