Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Darknet IP Address Printing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2012 08:41 Edited at: 21st Aug 2012 16:20
Hello all,
Had a question about DarkNet and IP addresses. Im wondering how to determine a users IP address and print it to the screen. Anytime i display an IP address retrieved using mn:: DNS_B("localhost") i get a printout of 0.0.0.0 i need to use this on a server so the user knows what address to type in to connect with from a client program.

Im able to find the IP address using ipconfig from DOS prompt and use that to get programs working however im wondering why the DNS_B command does not seem to work??

Thanks,

Mike L
internet ip address
Years of Service
User Offline
hai , you can get users ip address simply by using php script

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] may not actually contain real client IP addresses, as it will give you a proxy address for clients connected through a proxy, for example. That may well be what you really want, though, depending what your doing with the IPs. Someone's private RFC1918 address may not do you any good if you're say, trying to see where your traffic is originating from, or remembering what IP the user last connected from, where the public IP of the proxy or NAT gateway might be the more appropriate to store.

I found this:

function getRealIpAddr()

{ if (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) //check ip from share internet { $ip=$_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP']; } elseif (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) //to check ip is pass from proxy { $ip=$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']; } else { $ip=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; } return $ip; }

source: http://roshanbh.com.np/2007/12/getting-real-ip-address-in-php.html
You can check number of users ip details in a single page at Ip-Details.com

urs friend
internet ip address
Years of Service
User Offline
hai , you can get users ip address simply by using php script

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] may not actually contain real client IP addresses, as it will give you a proxy address for clients connected through a proxy, for example. That may well be what you really want, though, depending what your doing with the IPs. Someone's private RFC1918 address may not do you any good if you're say, trying to see where your traffic is originating from, or remembering what IP the user last connected from, where the public IP of the proxy or NAT gateway might be the more appropriate to store.

I found this:

function getRealIpAddr()

{ if (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) //check ip from share internet { $ip=$_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP']; } elseif (!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) //to check ip is pass from proxy { $ip=$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']; } else { $ip=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; } return $ip; }

source: http://roshanbh.com.np/2007/12/getting-real-ip-address-in-php.html
You can check number of users ip details in a single page at Ip-Details.com

urs friend
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 14:19
This guy called 'internet ip address' seemed to create an account just to answer your question, which is nice, but I don't think the answer is all that relevant.

I get this question about mnDNS alot. when you query localhost it will read from the hosts file. From Windows Vista onwards, the hosts file lists localhost as 0.0.0.0; I don't know why, to me it looks like a bug in windows. So to fix you can adjust the hosts file. Google will tell you how to change the hosts file.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 16:10
Part of the problem is that if you are behind a router it's not your own IP address that you want, it's the external IP address of the router. The computer itself is therefore completely unaware of this IP address, because it can only see the internal side of the router.

To solve this you can ask an external site what your IP address is - either host your own or use "http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp" because external sites only see the external IP address of your router, or you own IP address if you don't have a router. Just download that page and then extract the IP address from it.

[b]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:32:27