Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Slenderman's Shadow - Hospice - Map 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 00:32 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2012 00:38
Slenderman's Shadow - Hospice - Map 2

Developers: Marc Steene and Wray Burgess (Bugsy)

Engine: FPSC x9 1.20 BETA 3
Hey everyone,
Map 2 of Slenderman's Shadow has been released.

This game is based off of the indie game 'Slender' by Mark J. Hadley (AgentParsec). It shares the same gameplay elements as the original - you must collect 8 pages while avoiding the enemy. There are some differences which will make playing a somewhat unique experience - different AI, new sounds, and a different environment.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Screenshots

Trailer

Controls

Mouse - Look Around
WASD/Arrow Keys - Move
Space - Drop Glowstick
Left Shift - Sprint
Left Mouse Click - Pick up pages
Right Mouse Click - Toggle Flashlight
Q/E - Zoom in/out
ESC - Quit Game

Hints

Staring at the enemy will drain your sanity - empty your sanity and you will be caught
Sprinting will decrease your maximum stamina, so sprint only when required
Drop glowsticks so you don't get lost

Credits

Programming
Marc Steene

Level Design
Wray Burgess

Modelling Assistance
VictorNoir
Adrien Asselborn

Sounds
www.freesound.org
vartioh
wim
tomlija
robinhood76
thanvannispen
herbetboland
jobro
jace
suonho

Slenderman's Shadow - Sanatorium
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199408&b=35
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Suggested this game on PewDiePie's website.

PewDiePie's Hospice Page

------
doopus
Years of Service
User Offline
Stellar work, even better than the first. I can't finish the game, I always quit because I'm too scared! :/

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 11:33
Pretty scary! I saw the playthrough of this on youtube and the guy collected 14 pages but slender only spawned like once in the entire game In my opinion, you should try spawning slenderman in front of the player more often for more jumpscares instead of him just stalking you from behind(most players already know not to look behind in a slender game.)
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 13:09
Yep already done that, I tightened the AI a bit so in v1.1 onwards you'll see him more often near the beginning.

Slenderman's Shadow - Sanatorium
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199408&b=35
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 18:58
Thats creepy, are you taking requests for your next map?

...and will you be releasing a slender kit anytime soon?

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thats creepy, are you taking requests for your next map?"

Await, youngling, for dark things approach...

Basicly, it's a matter of patience! Also, I don't think he'll release the character and scripts, or everyone would be making Slenderman games!

------
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 20:34 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2012 20:35
good point, don't want it to get boring, before these newer maps.

I had an idea of a two story prison area, just to throw that out there anyway!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Welp! Start watching Marble Hornets. You will get a lot of ideas from there, Horror Game [Hands down one of the best] source for inspiration!

------
VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2012 08:04
Great work, I was in a skype call and plenty of my sentences were interrupted by "Oh ****!" "So yeah I-OH HOLY HELL!"

3D Texture Artist - Oh god I hate my username lol
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2012 08:28
@DarkJames:
But...sir! I don't wanna make horror games!

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Or visit CreepyPasta. Lots of stuff there. LOTS.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 02:33
Before the entire Slender hype started, I thought I was a tough badass. I was wrong....

Its a state of mind.
Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
That scared me to death the first time I played this. (I screamed, and I then quickly quit the game). And after playing through this, my only thought was (Oh... my.. God... I survived!)
Betrayal
Years of Service
User Offline
-Ok this one is much better than the first map,in sanatorium i was able to collect the 8 pages and go back to the entrance just in the second attempt and slenderman just appeared two times and it wasn't so scary(maybe i'm getting old for this).
-The glowstick and the random pages spawn are great adds,can't wait to see the next map.
Good job and sorry for my english xD

No Imagination
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 19:39
The map itself is good, it's moody and technically everything's as good as it was in the Sanatorium map, which was also really good. Now, I have some negative points here, but bear in mind, that I still thought that this game was really good (for a one map page hunting game).
But some negatives:
-The paintings.
They seem to have pictures of Pewdiepie and some other stuff on them, making them seem very out of place, it really eats the experience. I know it's cool that he played your game and all, and I think that a small tribute that could be found somewhere in the map would have been good, but this was really overshooting it.

-The graffiti wall
It had the same effect. "U mad bro" and trollface and some Pewdipie writings on walls and such. Maybe it's a personal gripe, but I really hate the rageface memes (trollface, the word troll [used as a verb] in itself and all the other faces), so it was really annoying to see that on the wall, in a game that builds it ambience really well otherwise.

I'd like to say glowsticks too. They're not a bad addition, don't get me wrong, but I don't know what they're supposed to do, as they didn't light up or anything. But they're a nice addition anyways.

Otherwise, it's all good. I wish that for the next map, you try to come up with another objective than finding pages, as after 3 games it has gotten really repetitive. They're fun for what they are, but that can't carry so many games. But if you decide to continue on the page finding route, that's fine and I will play them anyways and probably enjoy them.

It was also cool to have a female protagonist, I know it didn't change anything in the game, but I think it has a different mood going on when you have a female protagonist. At first I thought that it's not going to make any difference, as you never actually see your character or anything, but I forgot that you can hear her .

I found 14 pages, so I don't know if something mind blowing happens in the ending. Overall, I enjoyed it, will try it again a couple of times, but it did have it's problems, they didn't completely ruin the game, but they were still enough in the way.

But that's just my 2 cents, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd like to say glowsticks too. They're not a bad addition, don't get me wrong, but I don't know what they're supposed to do, as they didn't light up or anything. But they're a nice addition anyways"

You lay one down so you know where you have been. You have 8. Also, if you wish to beat it... these come in real handy.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 14:01
Quote: "You lay one down so you know where you have been. You have 8. Also, if you wish to beat it... these come in real handy."

Ah, okay Well, I thought they would light up when I drop them, so that's why I got it wrong. But that's a valid reasoning for them (although I would run in circles anyways )

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2012 18:44 Edited at: 31st Aug 2012 18:45
And, Assuming you wanna live, keep running in circles without looking back nor running to dead ends (like the "U Mad Bro" part). I shat bricks when i noticed it was a dead end...

Its a state of mind.
BFGaaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2012 21:50
can u give me the script for the pages because i cant play this it lags but its weird cause my pc is perfect

Make games for fun and enjoy making them tell me what i need to do better i will learn from it
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
He won't give away any of the scripts, I'm afraid. And how having the script will help you fix the lag?

------
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 03:43
Quote: "I shat bricks when i noticed it was a dead end..."

I put that there just so you'd do that

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 20:15 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2012 20:17
Dang! There's an elementary map! Didn't notice. You should create one thread where you post always when you create a new map, just a suggestion, didn't even think of checking this thread. But nice, will try and download!

*EDIT* Or I could just subscribe, silly me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 04:13:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 04:13:24