Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is iTunes necessary to distribute a game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like my game to be tested by several friends of mine before submitting it to iTunes. Is it possible to distribute it without using iTunes?

Regards.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 23:20
Short answer is yes, you can add their devices to your dev group provisioning profile, just hook the device up to your Mac.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 23:54
Good short answer! My initial response was much longer and then I decided to wait while I researched something.

I know for certain (because I just agreed to the updated licenses) that to distribute in the Mac App Store that you absolutely must build and package the app using Xcode on a Mac.

I had thought that was the same for the iOS App Store (and iTunes), but I cannot find any language like that in the iOS Developer license. You do need a Mac and Xcode to attach to the device and install add the device to your devices list in the Provisioning Portal.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just use Testflightapp.com

It will make your life easier to distribute your app to your friends for testing!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:36:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:36:17