Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / ntdll.dll crash at program termination.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 04:21
Has anyone else incountered this error?

I use the end command.....to end my game and then i get this error:

See Picture.

I cant even trace whats doing it in my project....all i can say is that im ending the application by code...then this error pops up.

I think dbp is not closing something down correctly.

what does the ntdll.dll plugin do anyways that it stalls on?
I almost suspected it had to do with string memory allocation but it may not. Its realy hard to trace this error as my application does not halt untill i ask it to with the command "end"

Can it be related to it being in a function thats calling end? ill try moving it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 04:40 Edited at: 24th Aug 2012 04:43
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/160110-ntdll-dll-error.html

ok 3rd post sounds like it may be a simular problem from the link above.... (simular anyways)

Is it possible that having blue gui.....not closing it down first before closing my dbp app can cause something simular to this guys error thought from the link above:

Quote: "
"ERROR_BROKEN_PIPE". It's likely that trackerb.exe is using a named pipe to communicate with a child process, and the child process is exiting before trackerb.exe can close the pipe down during process termination"

to me it sound like my crash is because something is still running after dbp trys to exit....causing this crash...

any thoughts?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 05:03
edit: found it!

if your using blue gui with darkbasic pro then you better call this command after starting up...

resetmainwindow

failing to do this down the road causes random ntdll.dll crashes that happen when you terminate your application.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem i had.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:55:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:55:34