Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK & Dev-C++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 00:48
Is it possible to use Dark GDK with DEV-C++? Has anyone even tried?

I hate Visual C++ I can never get anything working in it but I can copy the code paste it into DEV C++ and it works fine.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 00:52
Quote: "I hate Visual C++ I can never get anything working in it but I can copy the code paste it into DEV C++ and it works fine."

I used to feel the same way. I took a break of a year or two, unfortunately I can't really remember what I might have done different back then, but it all comes down to linking with the correct libraries I believe. Or at least for me the problems with Visual Studio always were linker errors.

As for your question, I see no reason why not. Whether there are any instructions on how to set it up I don't know though, but you can probably figure it out yourself.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 01:27 Edited at: 26th Aug 2012 01:29
You are right link errors I also get an error about strmbase file not found. I may try again by wiping it all out and start over and if I can't get it with VC++ then see what I can do with dev c

Also When I said I could get the code that I put into VC++ to work in dev c I was talking about normal c++ code not DGDK code.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
To use it in dev c++ you will have to download the source and set it up to compile libs for dev c++. You can download the source here: http://code.google.com/p/darkbasicpro/
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 02:15
Why Dev C++?

Code::Blocks is a decent compiler and is still being developed unlike Dev C++. The only thing that Dev C++ had that was good was the GUI editor.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 02:44
I downloaded Code Blocks and will check it out. Will DarkGDK work with it?
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
You will still have to compile the libs yourself. DarkGDK is made for Visual Studio, it is possible to use it with other compilers, it will just be a lot of work to set up the source to compile with different IDE's.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 04:45
Dev-C++ is so old I doubt it would even compile DarkGDK.

[b]
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 06:10
Quote: "Dev-C++ is so old I doubt it would even compile DarkGDK."

There's a newer version of Dev-C++, called wxDev-C++. It hasn't been actively developed since 2008, but that's better than 2005(and that was just a beta, not even a stable release).

Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 19:46
I remember Bloodshed Dev-C++... That was the first compiler I ever used. Anyway, do expect quite a bit of work if you want to run DGDK in Dev-C++ properly, as you have to compile all of the libs specifically for the darn thing.

It's been fun: So long, TGC!
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2012 20:50
I am thinking about just throwing all my efforts into c++ and tried code blocks. I like it very much!

Dragonslayer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:42:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:42:28