Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [NFM] Script Packs

Author
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2012 21:19 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2018 00:49
Compass Script Pack

Project lost... somewhere in the swampland...
There\'s no problem that can\'t be solved without applying a little scripting.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2012 21:32 Edited at: 28th Aug 2012 21:39
Wow, This is so damn cool!

Thanks for sharing the results of your hard work

PS: Design D is my absolute favourite - for me it has kind of a modern, yet timeless design.
PPS: I am looking VERY much forward to this game you used for the screens

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Fenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2012 23:11
Great work, BlackFox. I'll be using this in a future game. Thanks for your generosity.

Life is about living.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 01:15
Excellent work BlackFox and many thanks for the variations which should suit all occasions.
Come the day I can run a newer FPSC Upgrade I will check these out for sure.

Many thanks and all the best of luck.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 01:39
@ Storyteller

I know you have been patiently waiting, an we're working on it. The Egyptian development has so much detail that we need to ensure nothing gets left out. Plus Ross was kind enough to give us extra ideas on our development.

@ Fenwolf

You are welcome. Glad it has some use for you.

@ Ross

Thank you. I had forgotten you were on an older version, but hopefully one day you will be able to use them.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 01:50 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 19:40
Maps Script Pack

This is a map script pack created for those wanting to learn how to display map(s) in their developments. The current pack will allow you to display 1, 2, or 3 maps via the selected script. You can also choose from one of three map types.

REQUIREMENTS- FPSC v1.17+ since the scripts use "etimerstart/etimergreater". For FPSC v1.16 and below, the scripts will need to change "etimerstart/etimergreater" to "timerstart/timergreater".

--
Installation-

Copy the folders located in the "Files" folder of the archive into your FPS Creator\Files location. You should end up with the following:

files\gamecore\huds\NorthernFox\Maps
files\scriptbank\NorthernFox\Maps

--
Script Information-

There are 3 scripts for each map type, and 3 types (A-C) at this time.

Map_?_K_D01.fpi --> this script uses the face type (A-C) and will display 1 map only.

Map_?_K_D02.fpi --> this script uses the face type (A-C) and will display 2 maps only.

Map_?_K_D03.fpi --> this script uses the face type (A-C) and will display 3 maps only.

To use the desired script:

* Place trigger zone and assign the script to the trigger main AI script. The map(s) are displayed when the player presses the "M" key. Each script is already written and configured for the image name and type already- you just need to make the image(s) the script requires. Currently, the scripts use our examples to show how the script works.

To use the map template:

We have included the map type templates (PSD) so you can make your maps. You will need to use a screenshot(s) of the level you want to use as a map image. Ensure you scale and place your map image on the map face type template and save that file accordingly. For example, if you want to use Map A face and display three maps, then you need to:

1. Get a screenshot of the map image (we use Gadwin PrintScreen which allows us to select a rectangular area for screenshot).

2. Open the Map A PSD. Notice the "black" area is designated for map images. Open your screenshot, select it, copy and paste into your Map A PSD. Move/scale the image to line up correctly. Save the first map you want as Map_A_01.png. Repeat the screenshot, copy and paste for your second map, scale/move, and save as Map_A_02.png. Do the same again for your third map and save as Map_A_03.png. Copy these files into the "files\gamecore\huds\NorthernFox\Maps" folder.

** NOTE ** If you name the map file something else, be sure to edit the script(s) accordingly to point to the correct filename.

--
How the map works-

When the player wants to view the map, they press the designated key in the script (M) and the map is displayed. When they press M again (for 2/3 map display), they will see the next map accordingly. At the last map when the player presses "M", the map is closed. You may want to label your map file(s) to indicate to the player to "press M to view next map" or "press M to close" when there are no more maps to view.

The included PSD template files have demo maps to show how we made the maps. The current pack scripts uses our demo maps as examples.

The template types are:

* Type A- WW2/Modern Style

** Type B- Scroll Style

*** Type C- SciFi Style

The idea behind this pack is to demonstrate how to display map(s) via key and will hopefully teach a technique we have used quite effectively. For those that understand the FPI scripting, it is easy to expand the scripts to display other maps. The scripts can also be altered to display map(s) via a different key, when player is in zone, etc.

--
Screenshots:

MAP TYPE A

MAP TYPE B

MAP TYPE C

--
Terms of Usage-

All scripts have been tested and work. You may use these for commercial, non-commercial, or private developments. You may alter the scripts to suit your own setup or requirements.

--

Download-

You can download the pack here.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 02:03
Super awesome black fox!!!! thanks for the share....

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 02:27
Pure awesomeness ! Thanks BlackFox and keep it up

I hope you make a pack for objectives marker as I completely failed to get it to work .

"I am the night visitor when everyone is sleep , and when the last light fades"
The illusionest
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 05:37
Very nice. I need to learn this also. Thanks

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 10:31
very cool thing, thanks for sharing this, foxes.

gz

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 11:09
Awesome! Especially the 'map pad', love the design.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 20:44 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 19:49
Animated Scroll Script Pack

While working on our Egyptian game development, we designed an animated scroll hud. This animated scroll hud opens and closes when the player presses the "M" key.

REQUIREMENTS- FPSC v1.17+

--
Installation-

Copy the folders located in the "Files" folder of the archive into your FPS Creator\Files location. You should end up with the following:

files\gamecore\huds\NorthernFox\Animated_Scroll
files\scriptbank\NorthernFox\Animated_Scroll

--
Script Information-

There is one script script included with the pack to run the animated scroll (NFM_animated_scroll.fpi).

To use the script:

*(Optional) Obtain the scroll entity if you wish. Place in map, set to dynamic, and assign pickup script. Edit the pickup script to ensure the command "activateifused=1" is present (add in script if missing). Set IsImmobile to Yes. In the "IfUsed" field, place the name of the trigger (example: trigger_scroll)

* Place trigger zone, name it "trigger_scroll" (or whatever name you used in above step) and assign the supplied script to the trigger main AI script. Set the start script to "appearifactivate.fpi". If you need the "appearifactivate.fpi" script, here it is.

appearifactivate.fpi

--
How the script works-

If the player assigned a scroll and trigger as outlined, the player takes the scroll and the scroll is displayed when the player presses the "M" key. Once open, press "M" to close the scroll.

--

To use the scroll template:

We have included the scroll type template (PSD) so you can make your own scroll variations.

--

The idea behind this pack is to demonstrate how to create animation with huds and script. Here you can see how we make the scroll look like it is opening and closing. Using the guidelines set in this pack, any type of "animated" hud can be achieved.

--

Screenshots

--

Videos-

The following is a demo of how it looks in FPSC.

The following is taken from our Egyptian development (Ancient Tombs). You can see how we altered it for our game development, where the scroll moves up, opens, closes, then moves back down.

--

Terms of Usage-

The script and huds have been tested and work. You may use these for commercial, non-commercial, or private developments. You may alter the script and huds to suit your own setup or requirements.

--

Credits-

We'd like to credit Rosstradamus for giving us the idea to construct this. Credit to Josh Mooney for releasing the scroll case.

--

Download-

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 00:40
@Mr illusionest, you mentioned objective markers. I don't mean to go off topic on someone elses thread but check out http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=198320&b=21, that may be what your looking for.

But anyway, nice script and hud packs.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Many tanks for these, can see many uses.

You only have one life ... Abuse it well.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 14:26
It's Fall up in Northern Fox Media Land but Christmas here on the forums.

Wow, thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Fox. I was drooling when I saw the animated scrolls in your Egyptian game you have been creating. I never dreamt I would see it released for free here. And not only the animated scrolls but the compass pack and the map pack. All I can say is wow! Again, thanks a huge bunch.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 15:06
Quote: "Many tanks for these, can see many uses."

You're welcome.

Quote: "It's Fall up in Northern Fox Media Land but Christmas here on the forums.

Wow, thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Fox. I was drooling when I saw the animated scrolls in your Egyptian game you have been creating. I never dreamt I would see it released for free here. And not only the animated scrolls but the compass pack and the map pack. All I can say is wow! Again, thanks a huge bunch."

You're welcome too. Unfortunately, the scroll pack is a "dumb-down" version of the one we use in our Egyptian game (speaking of which, we need to organize our info for the WIP thread). The scroll pack is not much really- I could have added many variations of scrolls, but the idea is to help teach how to make an animated hud so hopefully it will be of usage somewhere.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Foxes

Much obliged - the scroll might add a dimension I didn't consider so far.

Eugene
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 07:39
Quote: "Thanks Foxes

Much obliged - the scroll might add a dimension I didn't consider so far."

Glad it is of use to you. Objective completed

Now to post the next little pack.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 07:48 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 19:52
Arrows Script Pack

While working on our game developments, we designed arrow pointers. These arrows are used in technical (tutorial) levels, to point to objectives, items, or guide the player.

REQUIREMENTS- FPSC v1.16+ (it may work with earlier versions)

--
Installation-

files\entitybank\Northern Fox Media\Arrows and Pointers
files\scriptbank\NorthernFox\Arrows and Pointers

--
Script Information-

Each arrow has a script to either spin, float & spin, float & glow, or float.

--
How the script works-

When the player gets within 50 units, the arrow will fade out.

--

Screenshots

--

Videos-

The following is a demo of how it looks in FPSC.

--

Terms of Usage-

The script and huds have been tested and work. You may use these for commercial, non-commercial, or private developments. You may alter the script and huds to suit your own setup or requirements.

--

Download-

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 14:27
Thanks for these script Packs.

For me (who is NOT good at scripting)these Packs help me understand the layout and scripting process that much more.

Cheers again.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 20:10
Quote: "Thanks for these script Packs.

For me (who is NOT good at scripting)these Packs help me understand the layout and scripting process that much more."

No problem, Ross. I know you use an older version of FPSC so if these arrows do work for you, then that is bonus (they should work for your version). The other packs are specific (compass uses v1.18+; maps and animated scroll use v1.17+ due to the commands used), but at least they help in some way.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 00:16
Just checked out this thread, most generous of you to share these with the forums, many thanks

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 00:20 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 04:30
Quote: "Just checked out this thread, most generous of you to share these with the forums, many thanks"

You're welcome. Figured it is sometimes easier to teach scripting with "visuals" rather than just plunking in threads with the "code" blocks. Now people can dissect and see how certain visual effects are done and modify to their liking.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 00:24
Quote: "You're welcome. Figured it is sometimes easier to teach scripting with "visuals" rather than just plunking in threads with the "code" blocks. Now people can dissect and see how certain visual effects are done."

Indeed, rather than just being free media downloads, these are primarily invaluable teaching aids, and I'm sure I'll learn a great deal from them (on top of what I've already learnt from you!)

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 18:38
Unlock.

-Keith

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 18:39
Update

Just an update to the thread. We had a hard drive crash last year so the packs and images were unavailable. Thanks to Bruce for sending to me, I've updated this so others can benefit.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 18:49
Thank you BlackFox
Yes, having the pictures back does help some tremendously.
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:24:08