Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Turbocharged loading from 1074 to 1076!

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
After I fixed the old T2 iOS templates that come with 1076, which are NOT up to date, but injecting files from the ios interpreter (which are up to date), my test app (15mb big) loads as if it has been turbo charged!!

In 1074 the Default.png used to appear, then there was a short pause, and then the app actual app started.

Now Default.png is barely visible for a split second, and the app starts IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

What has changed so much here??

I think I am going to remove Default.png as there is little use to it, in this one particular case.

Still there is a BLACK screen that appears for a split second between Default.png and the appstart. This was not visible in 1074. I would still like this to be "fixed" if possible to make an elegant transition from Default.png to app if one would like to use Default.png
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2012 14:12
That flash of blank screen could be OpenGLES starting up, I had the same issue in my native iOS game. The only way I was able to get rid of it was to have it clear the screen as soon as the initialization starts up. So, I would suggest in AppGameKit, you have a transition effect, or loading screen as soon as your program starts... like load in a screen image, stick it on as a sprite, sync the screen. You might never get rid of the black screen flash, but there's a chance that might be there, to get rid of a worse, white screen flash which is much more noticable. In my IOS game, I let it show the default screen, then it goes black, and the loading screen fades is. Black is really the most useful colour to have the screen flash, so I'm thinking that just showing a screen right away is your best bet. I think letting it flash black and clearing the screen to black and fading in a loading screen is a good option - it's actually fairly typical on iOS apps to do that.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
on ios 1076 there is no white flash in t2.

what i ended up doing is getting rid of default.png

app starts, there's a black screen for a split second, then i load and display a picture and sync.

works good enough for now!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 20:01
The black flash is AppGameKit looking for the AGKSplash.png file and not finding it. It used to be a white flash.

If you load an image in the app::Begin function, it will replace the black flash even faster, or remove it altogether.

Do NOT remove the Default.png file. It is a required file for Apple iOS publications. If you do not provide one, they'll reject the app.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i have 2 apps published without default.png!!!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 22:11
Okay, I am mistaken. But I know that Apple requires certain icon files, as well as images for the App store. I had thought I read that at least a Default.png file was required. I will recheck the documentation.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:08:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:08:54