Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Stereoscopic Video Clip Maker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 16:14 Edited at: 30th Aug 2012 17:04
I made a clip maker in DBP that makes stereoscopic clips.
It is 85mb mostly graphics and a video that is textured onto the inside of a sphere that makes for interesting effects.
It could be used to make intros or cut scenes for games as you can switch out the media. You don't need to record anything either you can just goof around with the effects to see what it can do. Here is a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUwhAj8IhaJjIqDwokWZNnQw&v=-Wkp8uvXDMQ&feature=player_detailpage

Here is the download page with instructions on it.

http://www.chromatic3d.com/Stereoscopic_3d_Video_clip_maker.html

I could use some testers to see if it works on people's systems. I have used on three computers including an older WINXP and it ran slow but still worked.

Cheers
chromatic3d

edit to fix links[href]null[/href]
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 4th Sep 2012 10:33
Why did I even bother downloading this...

For one my Video editor does this for me... and two you got an exit error on line 13...

The instructions are tiresome...

And you should increate the font size and brighten the red a bit as I gave up reading past the first two instructions...

What exactly is this application supposed to do?

However do not let my harsh feedback hamper you hehe I admire the effort a lot you made something that many might struggle to produce...

However again I struggle to see what this is filling...

I launched it and it just said something like five spacing? in the top left...

But I must thank you for inspiring me to use the stereoscopic cpabilities now of DBP...

And to top that off I finally figured how to use my cyan glasses

chromatic3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 08:44
MrValentine

You don't know what the program does, can't get it to work, won't read the instructions, and thank me for inspiring you to use stereoscopic capabilities of DBP.

Huh?

It made the bitmaps used in the video I link to. It only makes the bitmap part you do have to use another program to make an avi from them. That is not that hard to do but I have plans for other options in the future. The number keys toggle objects on and off the screen so you have something to make a video of. For example 6 turns on the planets and sun and 4 turns on the star sky sphere. More examples of what you can do are in the video.

Useful to make a 3d movie intro for your games, cut scenes, or trailers. I thought DBP users would like to use it. You can add/change the media with elements from your game. It would be useful to video producers too. The stereoscopic stuff is optional as you can just use one set of bitmaps.

As for instructions they are to get you passed the editing array stuff(unfinished but works) and into the program. I will be making videos as soon as I get my camera back. I am sorry the instructions were to small to read but I stand by my words. A nice pdf is coming but further down the todo list. You could ctrl + or copy to note pad.

Quote: "
I launched it and it just said something like five spacing? in the top left...
"

When the program starts it asks for the drive letter the folder is in.
enter the letter and press return
It says it takes two minutes to load on a fast machine.
it asks if you want to change values and then if you want to save values. You don't want to do either so just hit enter twice and wait for it to load (at least two minutes maybe more).....
then planets.....
hit 6 to turn of planets
hint try 7,8,9

I can't tell did it worked for you, crashed, or you did not wait long enough?

Sorry you didn't like it
Chromatic3d
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 11:39
It's a bit hard to use in my opinion, it would be good to add a GUI in place of the command line interface.

Exporting as bitmaps is already not a good idea. Here's why.

Presume I have a 1600x1200 display, the video runs at 30 fps and I want a video that goes for 60 seconds. Bitmaps export at a bit depth of 24.

displayWidth = 1600
displayHeight = 1200
displayDepth = 24
framesPerSecond = 30
videoLength = 60

totalSize = displayWidth * displayHeight * displayDepth * framesPerSecond * videoLength = 9.65 GiB

I suggest exporting to PNG or JPG instead in order to reduce file size.

It would be faster to just record the screen with fraps, that gives you a video file directly anyway.

TheComet

"if you don't understand recursion than you probably don't understand recursion." ~Jerico2day
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 12:02
Its not that I did not like it... And as you can see it was not straight forward... But what is it taking two minutes to load¿

I will give it another go tonight...

I want to see this working...

And to the CTRL + PASTE to NOTEPAD (FACEPALM) lol guess I just got too much going on at the moment and forgot the basice lol... But guess I was just giving feedback on the site layout... Nobody is going to read that and on a dark screen such as a SGSII is not going to be bright enough...

But yeah will try again tonight and I agree with ThE cOmEt change the export format...

I will hopefully be able to produce a video to link to once done...

chromatic3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 13:48
TheComet

Exporting as bitmaps is already not a good idea.
"

for 1920 x 1080 it is 13.8 gb it says that in the requirement section and is listed in the "bad" stuff section.

You are right it is a huge amount of space but this is for an avi and quality is more important than space as you can reduce the avi size to something smaller after. I will add options to change size and add jpg and png but for the best quality use bmp(and a good encoder for whatever your final format will be). This is more a content creating utility for people to use to make static content at the highest quality possible.

13 gb is quite shocking to most people but if you work with a lot of HD footage it is not much. And it is double that because of the two cameras.

It isn't fast and it slows to a crawl when recording but it does the job even on slower machines.

MrValentine

Its not that I did not like it... And as you can see it was not straight forward... But what is it taking two minutes to load¿
"

Two minutes is really long but that is because I am loading everything upfront so you can toggle it in and out. The media is a lot of huge pictures and complex spheres. I am sorry for that I will make lighter version with smaller media available soon so that people can choose. I don't like waiting either and will probably make it so you can turn some of the effects off completely. It is everything at once to show all it can do but really to use it you set up a shot(position the camera and record(ctrl+shift+r) then sit back and watch what I call wigglefest then hit esc to end. One minute take about ten minutes in realtime on my fast machine. You will have to guess. I will include metrics and estimating stuff later.

The command line is in place of the failed GUI I had before. I will probably make a separate program to edit stuff because it is just faster than blending the two and there are other things higher on the todo list. It does need a content loader/changer thing rather than just moving stuff in/out of the image folder. lol

So yes still a WIP but I am want to make sure it runs on other machines, if people might use it, and what people might want in it (as well as their ideas for more effects.

Can't promise it will have everything or do it perfectly but there is a lot of room for improvements.

cheers
Chromatic3d

ps "0" toggles fog and scroll wheel rolls it in.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:17:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:17:25