Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Abandoned [FPSC X9]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 22:51 Edited at: 6th Sep 2012 22:53
Hey guys,
its been a time since I worked on a FPSC Game but a few days before I got a massive amount of Inspiration by playing through the HL1 Mod "Cry of Fear"

The Game

Abandoned will be an episodic game, that means the game will be cut into 3-4 games.
The goal is to achieve a creepy atmosphere in an urban environment where the player is haunted by drugaddicts and some "other things".
Also I want to do a game that doesnt feel just like the usual FPSC Game.

Story

The game follows no real story.
You just wake up and want to find a way out, but later you see the problem is bigger than you first thought.

Features

-Health and Stamina-System
-Dark, Creepy atmosphere
-Modified Errant AI Weapons
-Snuffmovie-Style Posteffects
-Lots of scripting including 16:9 movie bars while Cinematics

Some early Level 1 screenies:

Sorry for the FPSC-Debug stuff on the down of the screen, I currently get a crash when the game is building at [322] Create Light Rays and a error message "Cant find pack:E"
doopus
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, the style and entity placement are pretty nice.

My only suggestion so far is about the huds. They are far too large and somewhat cheesy looking. The colours are much brighter and more vibrant than everything else, and it sticks out.

As for the error, I'm really not too sure. Maybe you've got too many lights in a large level, or a particular entity is having trouble being lit? A forum search may help you.

Looking forward to seeing more!

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 20:26
looking cool like the snuff film idea ,
hows the error any soulutions , i have started to painstakenly
do room by room and test and hope , well anyways looks cool
maybe , your snuff idea could find its way in the story instead of the wake up and get out story , really cool idea to look into ,
may help you find some insperation when makeing a final game

remeber the original manhunt game from rockstar , that should be what you should look at. the original one not two ok check it out ,
really like the idea of a snuff fps game .
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 21:38
Quote: "remeber the original manhunt game from rockstar , that should be what you should look at. the original one not two ok check it out ,
really like the idea of a snuff fps game ."

Yeah I love the Manhunt games, but I'm trying to get something more creepy and stuff, but still a great inspiration
Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
The looks of it is great! But how fun is it?
Also, I hope you get your errors worked out.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 01:03 Edited at: 8th Sep 2012 01:04
Quote: "The looks of it is great! But how fun is it?"

Thank you!

Well, this game isn't used to have the best gameplay ever, but I try to get the players scared very often by the atmosphere.
I still need some help with stuff like voice acting but I think in the end it will be very cool.

Also I'm currently thinking about a well story, one that is well doable with FPSC

EDIT: Also please remember these are very early screenshots!
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 02:05
Is thata a run meter cause that's cool ,
Joe
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 02:11 Edited at: 8th Sep 2012 02:18
Quote: "Is thata a run meter cause that's cool"

Yes
And if you have under 50% of stamina you can still run but you get slower and if you have under 20% you get extremly slow
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 02:12
I not bad with video editing , I'm really likening the snuff idea I might reasearch it , don't worry not that wired kind ,
But I had an idea for film once that would be shot in snuff and hi res think style first not what there is
Like the color palette the way they are shot , the kinds of people who shoot than , could be a cool concept
Really ... , stay away from teenager stories , not like hostel , but serious , subject matter must be taken seriously which is hard to do in horror , but seems like videogame players are cravieing a return to classic ideas and ideas that don't compromise , resident evil worked with limitations at the time now with action horror which is cool but
We want the demented the sick the scared of I don't know , or
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 02:41
Is hard to script that I'm new to scripting, but I would not want a HUD is that possible
Joe
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 02:49
Quote: "Is hard to script that I'm new to scripting, but I would not want a HUD is that possible
Joe"

Sry man its really hard to understand what you mean
Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 04:02 Edited at: 8th Sep 2012 04:04
He wants your stamina script without the HUD, I like that Stamina Script but does it automatically Regenerate, I, myself have been trying to make a script like it, but with Regeneration

Concept, an Original Idea. A Creation. Takes Effort & Pride.
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2012 06:04
Sorry half theist are done while I am working or with the kids

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:13:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:13:36