Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / can i build/test iOS on windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i'm new and i want to do iOS game dev on windows, i know i can't do the final upload but theres macincloud for that, but i want to know if i can test on a iOS device without a mac.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
if you're on T1 you need to compile the AppGameKit Player and use that
Mrboolean
Years of Service
User Offline
okay great, but one question what is T1? and can I make Windows iOS games in C++?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2012 00:30
Quote: "what is T1? and can I make Windows iOS games in C++?"

Tier 1 is the BASIC version of AppGameKit while Tier 2 is the C++ version of AGK.

Yes you can write iOS games in C++ but this is best done on a mac. You could write the core of your app on a PC in Visual Studio but to compile it for iOS you'll need Xcode and you might have to change bits of code around to suit the iOS SDK.

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2012 08:09
I wrote my app in Visual Studio 2010 in C++ and only had to change one line of code when I put it into Xcode... so it can definitely be done.

But yes you have to eventually put it into Xcode to compile it for iOS
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I used to work the same way when I was using AppGameKit a lot.

Did most of the work on VS2010 on a PC in AppGameKit C++, then when I would reach a milestone I would compile in Xcode and check that the game is still working fine at full fps.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 17:47
Mrboolean, as others state, you will ultimately need to build your C++ app on a Mac with Xcode to run it on an iOS device.

Using Tier 2 (C++), there is no broadcast option as with the AppGameKit IDE (Tier 1 Basic).

You will also need to sign up as an Apple iOS Developer in order to get the right certificates and things to test and run Tier 2 on an iOS device connected to your Mac.

You can (and I have) develop in Visual Studio 2010 on a PC and then copy the relevant files to your Xcode project and build and run.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:00:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:00:11