Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Freedom Engine - compatibility discussion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 01:47 Edited at: 17th Sep 2012 09:26
Okay, a lot of threads are falling off-topic and spilling into discussions about FE not working properly in some arbitrary browser. It would be best to raise such issues on the Freedom Engine forums but this thread is open for discussion as well.

Helpful Links:
GPU & WebGL incompatibility: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1220892

The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 20:18
Hi Hodgey

With regard to the code we create us FE, that is stored on
TGC servers....how secure is our source? Not only From other uses but also from TGC?

I know tgc would not stoop so low but just wanna be super sure my code is fully protected for as long as I am registered.

Constantly seeking!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 23:01
Err, instead of talking about FE in the AppGameKit forum, how about all the FE topics get posted in the FE forums?

Why clutter up the AppGameKit boards with FE issues?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 23:57
@Rich: I created this thread so TGC forum users could discuss the issues they're having here instead of derailing other threads. Also, I don't see FE and AppGameKit as mutually exclusive products. However, I do agree that most of the issues raised in TGC threads should be raised in the FE forums. This thread is here for those who haven't migrated to the FE forums yet.

@The Daddy: TGC would need to answer that question but they have upped the level of security of your compiled apps. You need to officially click the deploy button for your app to be made public. Previously you could access anyone's project by playing with the play ids.

Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 00:15 Edited at: 17th Sep 2012 00:17
Well I think Hodgey just started this thread to consolidate all the issues people where having over in Bax's 4000 line challenge thread.

Add in the fact that the FE boards are being moderated and it can take over a day for your posts to even show up until they clear you. I posted a reply to a problem someone had yesterday over there and it still hasn't shown up yet.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 01:29
@Hodgey, I totally agree with your purpose here. In fact, the FE forums are booming with bug reports, questions, answers, all sorts of stuff. So lots of folks are going there.

And I hope the users here take your advice to heart and post in this thread instead of starting new ones.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 09:30
@Rich: thanks and you have provided some good points so I've taken a page out of your book and have added encouragement for people to head over to the FE forums.

Quote: "Well I think Hodgey just started this thread to consolidate all the issues people where having over in Bax's 4000 line challenge thread."

Not just that thread but that was the push.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 10:17
I'll try to spend some time moderating on the FE board but not today, my baby is poorly...

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 16:31
Just tried to open the Freedom Engine in FireFox V15.0.1 and it completely crashes the browser. It says 'Loading..." and then the browser freezes which I then have to end using Task Manager.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2012 00:06
Have you tried FE in chrome Nickydude? I tried it in Firefox and it didn't end well either but it was pretty stable in chrome on this end.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2012 02:11
Thanks Hodgey, just tried it in Chrome and it works.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2012 02:15
I have FireFox v15.0.1 and it works for me. Interesting how these things go.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 07:30:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 07:30:32