Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Haste! 2.5D platformer with RPG elements

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2012 17:55 Edited at: 26th Sep 2012 21:40
[The Game]
Good day everyone,
today I'd like to show you my current project Haste!. It is a 2.5D platformer with RPG elements set in a tile based world. Your main objective is to finish each map and kill the boss at the end of it as fast as you can.
Bosses will reward you with item drops but that is not the only way to get items. There are chests placd around the levels which grant you additional loot. But those chests are more likely to be apart the main course so you have to decide if you want to take the time to get the item or go straight to the boss. Since it's about time, it is faster to reach the boss without picking up the items but those items will speed up the killing. It's for you to decide.

[Graphic Style]
While the world is in 3D all charackters/bosses and some parts of the environment are in 2D. In the beta stage I will try to adjust the 3D graphic to fit the 2D style.

[The Movement]
There are not many controls, you can move to the left and to the right, you can jump, run and perform walljumps. if you're gliding down a wall, your falling speed is reduced. Even though the controls are simple, the game itself isn't. You have to take care of the braking distance. Later on I've planned to add items with movement abilities like a double jump.

[The Chests]
A single chests contains up to 10 items, by walking over it you will get 1 random item of it's loot list and the chest gets deactivated. if there are less then 10 items on the list there is a possibility that no item drops at all. When you die, you get back to spawn and all loot you've gathered in that run will be removed and the chests get unlocked again. If you finish the map the current loot will be saved.

[The Bosses]
By now there is only a dummy boss but later on there will be moving and attacking bosses. 1 boss has up to 5 abilities that he will cast. The first time you kill a boss it will give you a predefined drop but there is always a chance on a better drop everytime you kill him.

[The Editor]
The game features a tile based level editor. It supports almost everything the main game has to offer but keep in mind that every map uses a new player character so every map stands on its own. In future I'll add a campaign function, so that you can add several maps into one campaign.

[Demo]
There will be a playable alpha build but first of all I need to sort out some critical bugs.

[Screenshots]
Keep in mind that those screenshots come from an early alpha build (current one) and I have not set the focus on the graphics yet. So everything you see (Icons, Charackters, Maps, GUI, Editor) is highly work in progress!

[Versions]
the very first alpha has been released

Content of version a0.1
- 3 WIP maps for the campaign [Tutorial + 2 Maps]
- Editor with limited GuI
- Early version of the replay version (only saves the last game and only position data is currently saved)

- Important -
For now, you can't play custom maps, because I ran into critical bugs with it (for whatever reasons)
-----------------------------------------------
Don't expect this version to be free of bugs! There might be plenty, I'll add a "known bugs" list to the first message to write down every known bug that anyone has reported. So if you find a bug, feel free to tell me.

to do list for future versions (in order)
- Adding WIP ingame GUI
- adding boss AI and the first boss (with abilities)
- reworking character design / adding animations
- working on main menu / settings
- improving replay system

- Version a0.1 -
http://www.file-upload.net/download-6630861/Haste-.zip.html

[Ingame Shots]

[Chests/Loot/Inventroy]

[Editor]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 05:40
Looks cool. What is the story/setting ? It looks like a modern-day guy. What type of enemies will you have?

Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,
I know that the character model is misleading [some sort of failed attempt to create someting] but the game is set in medieval.

You play an archangel who got mad at menkind unleashed the forces of hell to punish menkind. Heaven was shocked by the way you acted and expelled you from heaven. All of your memories are lost and you wake up in the last town that has not yet been invaded. Like everyone else you try to get back the control of the lost towns by defeating the overlord of each town. Each level you complete will restore some of your lost memories and half way htrough the game you remember who you are, what you did and why you did it. At that point it is up to you if you want to clean the mess you caused or stand to what you did and help the evil forces once again.

This story is just a draft by now and will be refined with the time and feedback is much appreciated
TheMeq
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2012 18:28
I like it, the story sounds original.

Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
So after some work, I'm ready to release the first alpha version.
It does not have much content and is rather some sort of test but you can try it now.

Content of version a0.1
- 3 WIP maps for the campaign [Tutorial + 2 Maps]
- Editor with limited GuI
- Early version of the replay version (only saves the last game and only position data is currently saved)

- Important -
For now, you can't play custom maps, because I ran into critical bugs with it (for whatever reasons)
-----------------------------------------------
Don't expect this version to be free of bugs! There might be plenty, I'll add a "known bugs" list to the first message to write down every known bug that anyone has reported. So if you find a bug, feel free to tell me.

to do list for future versions (in order)
- Adding WIP ingame GUI
- adding boss AI and the first boss (with abilities)
- reworking character design / adding animations
- working on main menu / settings
- improving replay system

- Version a0.1 -
http://www.file-upload.net/download-6630861/Haste-.zip.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 17:24:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 17:24:28