Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / when I upgraded Xcode to 4.5, I can't compile the project.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 05:34
following is the error information:
ld: file is universal (3 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Users/hanhalley/Documents/IDE/platform/apple/Lib/Debug/libAGKiOS.a for architecture armv7s
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The Miracrea Games
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 18:06
I upgraded a couple of days ago and have it working well with both iOS 6 and iOS 5.1 connected devices.

Do you get the same error when you compile for Release instead of Debug?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 02:55
I have the same problem, I used Ancient Lady's most recent template updates as well

ld: file is universal (3 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /AGK/IDE/platform/apple/Lib/Release/libAGKiOS.a for architecture armv7s
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

... searching the internets has largely turned up non-useful items that relate to other develoment products fixes that dont work in AppGameKit so far...
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 03:15
The steps in ancient lady's post here :http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200271&b=44&msg=2395206#m2395206 sort of fixed it.

She had said hers had ARMV6 .. mine did not mine had ARMV7 and ARMV7S

I took out the ARMV7S and it worked... ?? I don't know if that puts my app at a disadvantage or may be declined by apple?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 06:34
Quote: "I don't know if that puts my app at a disadvantage or may be declined by apple?"

It shouldn't, I would think. Otherwise, all existing apps would be invalid. The armv7s is newish with iOS 6.0, it did not appear with the previous version of Xcode 4.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:05:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:05:28