Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [LOCKED] Change Icon and resources.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What are the options for changing the icon and resources for the compiled game, i.e.
The game is called Zombies.exe but in windows "FPSC Game" shows and if the game crashes we get "FPSC has stopped responding" rather than "Zombies has stopped reponding"

I have tried to edit the icon and version info with resource hacker but the Game.exe file seems to resist editing.

???
robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
i.e.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 15:58 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2012 15:59
Mate I think you got the wrong board here...

And judging by what you are saying, you are trying to do something very illegal...

Do you own the game?

If so you should have the Project and FPS Creator in order to change those details...

I smell illegal activity...

If I am wrong... could you explain what you are trying to do further?

EDIT

You posted the pic while I was typing...

If you have FPSC then you modify that information prior to exporting I believe...

robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
yes I'm on the wrong board, sorry about that I meant to be on FPSC
but Mr, don't call me a criminal, if you've seen the bumpf which comes with FPSC you'll know that the creators sell heavily the fact that you can make games to sell. Now if my game has clearly identifiable links to the engine it was made with then it's not really a commercial game is it?
It's not rocket science, and by the way, there are supposed to be no watermarks with FPSC so if they can't be bothered to remove their resources and I have to do it myself then I think it's a fair question to ask how I am supposed to do it.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 16:32
For the record this:

Quote: "I have tried to edit the icon and version info with resource hacker but the Game.exe file seems to resist editing."

Is illegal unless you are in certain places lol...

And it is also illegal even if you own FPSC... as far asI remember...

Anyway... do you own FPSC or what?

Also,

Again check within the FPSC editor for the ptions you are asking for... I have not got FPSC installed any longer as I got fed up with all these versions coming out and I stupidly bought it through the upgrade store for more than I should have... which makes owning FPSC a bit daft for me now...

If nobody comes across here I shall install FSPC to help you make sense of it all, but I can assure you you can modify the mentined things you wish to alter...

Should I be wrong... meh...

robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
I do own it yes, olthough I wish I had known about all the problems with it before I made the purchase or put a lot of time into it. It seems like a casual beta to me.
I've hacked a few exe's with Resource Hacker and not had any problems, but like I say the game.exe seems to resist it being hacked.
Hacked is a strong word, I simply want to change the exe file so it doesn't show all the FPSC info, rather my own info as the developer. I mean it's ridiculous, like so much else with FPSC.
robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
but I can assure you you can modify the mentined things you wish to alter...

I don't think you can.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 16:58
first of all, learn to use the search boxes below, second... this thread might help... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181715&b=21

you should also stop double posting without reason to... [MOD I know what you going to say so >.<]

So good luck...

Personally I would use SPP FPSC Edition... [See link above]

robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
Reshack = Resource hacker, like I said I've tried it but it can't change the icon or the info.
I don't know what double posting is but if I'm making a mess soz, I don't normally need to use forums to fix my programs, they normally work.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 17:13
I was looking at Vishnu packer...

robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know about SPP but V-Packer for FPSC is a rip off. It makes a game.exe that hangs around for 20 seconds before it quits and if you close the game down from Task Manager it completely destroys the game. Re-installation or System restore does nothing. I don't know if SPP is the same but I wouldn't touch that company again with a barge pole. I bought the product, found the problem and when I asked for a refund I got their standard Refunds Policy: You got the trial, you should have known. Once I pointed out that the problem doesn't happen in the trial AND I wouldn't hesitate to inform potential purchasers I got the 30 euros back in my Paypal account quicker than you can say FPSC endorsed ripoff. Not that Vishnu is much better with it's uninvited xbox controller option with "only works in X9" like my Zombies on Mars player has a clue what X9 is, but at least Vishnu is free.

Anyway if your game is good enough I don't think it needs packing, it's only when it fails that one would start investigationg the files.

This problem with the info, anyone else have any suggestions, as pointed out abouve Resource Hacker/Reshack won't do it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:18:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:18:55