Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Adverts - call for informations on inserting adds.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 01:30
I was looking into adding adverts into apps. I can find very little information. As I understand it AppGameKit supports different advert companies. I can understand TGC not recommending any particular one, as if things out of their control go wrong then, It could come back and haunt them.

I seem to remember a tutorial ( by lee ?), but I can’t find it ?

Has anyone tired it and would like to share their experience ?

Has anyone made any money this way and would you recommend it ?

Would you recommend a company ?

Do these ones work ?

http://inner-active.com/

https://www.google.com/adsense/

http://www.google.com/ads/admob/

I would like it to work with Windows, Android and html5 at the moment.

Any thoughts, Tutorials, Experiences or Information would be appreciated.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
The only ad service supported by the current release of AppGameKit is inner-active. However, the next release will reportedly include AdMob support as well.

There are only a few commands available for adding inner-active ads. After you sign-up at their site and generate a code for the app you wish to display ads in, you can use three short commands to generate them in the app. For example:

SetInneractiveDetails("APP_CODE_HERE")
CreateAdvert(0, 1, 2, 0)
SetAdvertPosition(0, 0, virtualWidth / 2)

Refer to the "Advert" section of the manual for full details.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 06:38
After you set everything up at inneractive.com (I think), the code looks something like:

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
My friend made a game and used Inner Active. He has 17000+ requests and no clicks, and he made $0

Today very few people click ads, and it seems that to make some cents with Inner Active you have to get clicks not impressions.
Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 03:19
Thanks everyone, It clears up a few things. Looks like, inner-active it is then.

bjadams - yea I had suspected as much. However think I will give it a go. Will at least stop me worrying about how you pay income tax on these earnings.

I will need to do a bit more work on my app before it is finished, beta testers have came up with a few ideas and I will need to change the layout to fit adverts in.

I have decided to try Adds as apposed to selling. the reasons are

1) With Add supported I can just make the app freely available on my web site and tell people to copy it.
2) I don’t need, but can use the app stores for distribution if I wanted.
3) It is the only way I can see to make money with HTML 5 when support is released.

I will try and post my experiences of advert usage here, though I have very little spare time and my progress is slow.

If anyone else has anything to add (no pun intended) please do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:41:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:41:59