Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Main menu help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First let me tell you my idea then I'll ask my questions. I got two static platforms, one on the right and one on the left. and i got a kinematic platform that moves between them. So i though if in the main menu you can move the main character to a platform and on that platform have a button that will say start and if the main character comes in contact with the button it will start the game. So here is my question. Should I make the buttons actual buttons? Should make it so that if the main character x and y is equal to the buttons then it would start the game. Or should I do some type of collision detection here? So if the main character hit the side of the button then it starts the game.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 12:46
I would definitely take option 2. If you want to spruce up your menu later, it would be easier to implement more physics. Its also a simpler solution than checking coordinates - let AppGameKit do the hard work!

ChoppingLemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats what i was thinking about doing, but i was making sure that there wasn't a better way of doing it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 09:09:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 09:09:13