Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / changing maps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on a side project for work. A simple 3D model of our plant. I have been playing around for the past few weeks and have learned a lot. I bought 3D world Studio along with the DB Studio. After messing around discovered DarkGDK and have been learning that instead. Bought DarkGDK but haven't installed it yet.

Anyway I can create levels, move around using sparkys collision, etc. But since the models will get big, I want to create several, one for each are of the plant. How can I unload the current map (dbo) and load another when I hit a trigger? Maybe it's late and I'm tired but it's not obvious at the moment how to transition to the new map.

Making a simple 3D walk through of a real place. Using DarkGDK, 2008 C++
Qqite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 03:38
Have a variable remember what the object number for the level is. Use a vector if you need if there are multiple objects. Then have a function delete the objects, alongside sc Remove Object all of the objects that are being removed. Then have it load in the new level using the same variables. Your code should handle everything the same as the first level.

Also, don't forget to reset the position of the character, health, ammo and such

Good luck.

Ventures of the worlds around us are limited only by our imagination.
IHC KB3
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I was tired. Had a bowl of moose tracks and it came to me. Call a sub-function that controls the map. So now I am setting up an array to remember map, and set transition points and entery points for each map. Did a little practice code that worked. I guess I didn't wait long enough before I posted.

Making a simple 3D walk through of a real place. Using DarkGDK, 2008 C++

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:35:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:35:29