Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP]SudokuWare: a multi-game app based on Sudoku

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 00:30
I am working hard on my new App. It will be a multi-game app (3 games in 1), all games based on Sudoku concept. One is the classic Sudoku, the other two are inspired by the famous Japanese game.
Of course I will disclose the details as soon as the game shall be published on the Google market.
In the meantime, have a look at my new Twitter Account, dedicated to the apps of mine: https://twitter.com/mbruti69
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 00:53
Marco! You from Texas?

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 07:29
Quote: "Marco! You from Texas?"

Italy

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz cpu , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz cpu
Android 4.0 Sandwich , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , cortex A8 1.2 cpu , 1 gb ram.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 11:56
I wish I were from Texas. I grew up with Western movies, both "spaghetti" and original USA...my miths are John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, ...
The name TexasoftReloaded is because I started programming in 1983 with a TI99/4A, Texas Instruments, with my brand name of Texasoft It has gone end of sale in the same year, but a lot of aficionados and third-parties continued to produce hw and sw for it. Firt language has been TI Basic, and immediatly after TI Extended Basic (and a little of TMS9900 Assembler), that featured 28 sprites, motion and coincidence detection, so it resembles a little AppGameKit Basic. It was exceptionally slow, due to some very strange architectural designs (there is a lot of bibliography in Internet), but compared to the very poor Commodore Basic (do everything with POKE and PEEK) and the limits of ZX Spectrum Basic (no sprites?), it gave me some satisfactions. I was able to write a -working- Frogger clone, for example, and a lot of other games. Now they are all (TI99, cassette recorder, memory expansion and cassettes) buried in the cellar.
Now after about 30 years, I am (only a little) older, so I decided to call my new software "TexasoftReloaded" in Matrix style.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 13:30
Awwww, no screenshots? I'd put one on here before a mod comes snooping around

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2012 18:16
Here you are...
http://agkappmarket.altervista.org/SudokuWare/SudokuWare_1.jpg
http://agkappmarket.altervista.org/SudokuWare/SudokuWare_2.jpg
There is only help page and classic Sudoku, the other 2 game modes will be disclosed later...there is not only the MOD to snoop around
Stay tuned!
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 22:09
SudokuWare has been submitted to the Google Play Market.
Now I can disclose that the other 2 games, besides the classic Sudoku, are:
-Puzzle Sudoku: a puzzle with pieces of different size and shape, that must be recomposed, instead of an image, there is a sudoku Schema.
-Arcade Sudoku: an Arkanoid or breakout-like, where the wall is the Sudoku schema, and the bricks are the digits. No brain, no logic, only reflexes. when hit, the digits fall down creating a nice "flipper-like" effect making the game more interesting.
Classic and Puzzle have got 12 levels each, and you can save the game (one save for each level), in order to continue when you please.
Time records are saved too. At present, records are saved locally, no connection to the Internet is required.
From a technical point of view, I concentrated on the User Interface, and developed a mini-micro Windowing system to display scrolling windows and input buttons. Moreover, there is a massive usage of getImage and saveImage commands in order to create the pieces of the Puzzle game and dynamically the window contents, and set<Text,Sprite>scissor for windows management. About the Arkanoid game, the only noticeable thing is the usage of spriteRayCast() and getRayCastSpriteId() to improve bouncing capabilities.
Here are the screenshots.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 23:42
You are really pumping these apps out. I think you are currently the leader on how many apps for a single devloper for AppGameKit community. I think this is your 6th game right or am I wrong in my assumption.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 16:48
7 apps so far in 10 months. There are some apps out , even far better than mine, but I wonder why they are not so many, AppGameKit is out since more than 1 year (1 year and an half). I wonder why there are a lot of talented people that do a lot of experiments, code snippets and noticeable demos, but do not translated the ideas into an app or game. They are very kind to donate their code, but I think that they should translate their skill into complete apps.
My apps are by no means perfect, but if I were to publish an app only when perfect, I would have zero apps out. It is like if were to accept only "A" grades at the university or college, refusing "B" or "C": you'll never obtain the degree (unless you are a genius, of course)!
Even for new commands, I do training-on-the-job, I make experience when developing apps for publishing, rather than doing a lot of little programs to experiment each new feature.
Of course it is my approach. Maybe other people realize that it is better to amuse themselves with writing small programs, because earnings on app store (at least Android one) are very poor
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 18:36
and here is the link to the Google Market:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texasoftreloaded.SudokuWare&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50ZXhhc29mdHJlbG9hZGVkLlN1ZG9rdVdhcmUiXQ..

There is also a Youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhQqXgWJXSs&feature=youtu.be

and let's wait for 1.08 as soon as it will work on my old Windows XP, current earnings do not let me buy a newer one (unless I stop eating or paying the installments of the loan for my car). Maybe the first option could be good, at least to lose weight...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:57:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:57:34