Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multiplayer / network limits

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2012 16:00
Hi there.

Couple of quick questions I can't find the answer to. When connecting network clients, what's the limit?? ie, at what point will new clients no longer be able to join? Also, every time a client joins it is assigned a client id which appears to be a numerical increasing integer. When will this number run out?

I am running two apps, one a server, the other the app, and the basic function is the server accepts new clients, accepts and processes any request, then bounces the result back and the link ends. So in effect, how many times can this happen before the server needs to be restarted to reset the client id integer counter?

Also, has anyone had any luck in connecting an agk client to a dbpro server?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 19:38
The client ID is a 32 bit integer so it will run out at 2,147,483,648
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 13:14
Well then - not something I'll need to worry about, unless I'm REALLY lucky. Lol. What about maximum simultaneous connections? My project doesn't rely on speed as it's not a game, but it will need people to be able to connect. I can run multiple instances of the server code and allocate each a separate port, then get the software to cycle through the ports if need be, but is there a set limit for the number of connections at once - 16, 32, 64 etc?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 17:27
AGK does not impose any limits on the number of simultaneous connections, it will only be limited be the machine's ability to cope.
Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, has anyone had any luck in connecting an agk client to a dbpro server? "

I Would Also like to know if this is possible I have tried with no success.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:11:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:11:43