Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / there should be a native UI command in tier 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 23:26
Hello everyone, I have been having this problem where apple rejects my application, because of the lack of native buttons and UI tools. I think it would be cool for a later version of agk to have commands that implements the native buttons into the agk applications. Now people reading this might think, well you can't just have native UI for one device! well the command will work with android, blackberry, ios, buttons/sliders/UI stuff. I think this would help, instead of having the agk version of a button,but the editbox seems good. Does anyone understand what I am saying? or agree with me? thanks

sov the game creator!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 23:31
Quote: "apple rejects my application, because of the lack of native buttons and UI tools."

I don't understand this. What buttons and UI tools do they want you to have? And what buttons and tools are you using instead of the ones they want you to have?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 23:33
What sort of app is it? I'm guessing not a game.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 23:50 Edited at: 4th Oct 2012 23:52
it was a little fun app where you press the screen and the app will tell you something interesting. I had background graphics and tried to make it look good. I guess the few custom buttons in the app might of done it. Most of the time they want the buttons given to you in interface builder? (can't remember the program name, the program that you drag and drop UI stuff onto the virtual iphone to build apps). When you look at the default apps on the iphone with the buttons they use is what apple wants you to use (like settings and mail). A few times I have gotten pass this problem... but this has been the fourth time this has happened to me.

sov the game creator!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 00:18
Wow, that is strange. My one approved app is full of custom buttons, nary an apple-type on any of the screens.

In fact, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that they will reject an app that copies the look of iOS elements. Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you share screenshots of your app? I don't understand why it'd possibly be rejected, because countless apps do not use any preset components of iOS and instead are completely unique (not just games but also most of the top apps). I have released three apps on Apple including entertainment, photography and game, and none were rejected even though they all use completely custom interfaces.
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 04:47
here is what the resolution center said... I will post screenshots later tomorrow.

Quote: "We found the following issues with the user interface of your app:

It would be appropriate to add additional native iOS functionality to the application in order to enhance the user’s experience. Specifically, features that enable the user to interact with the app rather than just consume information are recommended. For ideas on how to improve the user’s experience, you may wish to review the User Experience Guidelines section of the iOS Human Interface Guidelines."

I might of misunderstood what they meant by native, if so please tell me.

sov the game creator!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 10:03
It sounds like they are saying the app is just too simple. Your description suggests you start it and it gives you a Wikipedia-type snippet of information, and that's all there is to it.

Native iOS functionality can including tapping the screen, swiping, adding on-screen interactive elements, rotating the screen, using the gyroscope and so forth. It doesn't have to be phone buttons.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 10:06
Yeah, it looks like they think the app should DO something, instead of only displaying information.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
First of all, AppGameKit is a games making kit!
It was never advertised to do native UI.

However Putting in native UI elements will elevate AppGameKit into a new area of uselability and get TGC new users.

Buttons and views, etc exist on all platforms.
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 18:32
I think Apple meant it was too little interactive. Not that you HAVE to use native UI buttons and calls, but more of what the device CAN utilize by adding interaction with the user, where the user can give some kind of input, and get some output.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:01:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:01:24