Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Does tier 1 support advertisement?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to create a few game app, but do not wish to sell them. I want to put advertisement to generate revenue. After reading http://www.appgamekit.com/faq.php#q6, it states the current version does not support ads.

Where can I read all the features for the latest version?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 00:39
The FAQ page is somewhat out of date.

But you can do advertisement in Tier 1 (and Tier 2) with InnerActive. You do need to set up an account with InnerActive, but it is easy.

AGK is set up to work with that on all platforms, without changing any code for the platforms.

Now, whether you can actually make any money with InnerActive, I don't know. I haven't published my WIP, yet. It will have a paid and a free version (with ads).

Others might be able to share their experience with InnerActive.

This is the link for the help page on the ads.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 00:44
I am using it successfully on Tier 1. It is a little bit limited, but works fine as designed.

Like AL, I have not published yet with Inneractive so I don't know how well it pays. But the first step in being paid well, is having a good game

Young Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the fast response! Is InnerActive the only ad supported? What about millennial media, admob, jumptap, etc?

I guess there's no way for me to add my own plugin or module in tier 1?
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 04:14
I am currently using Inneractive in my apps. I am pleased with Inneractive so far. Of course the revenue you earn will be
based on how well people like your game, but I would say that if you could get a large user base you could make some nice money.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 10:05
Other platforms will be available in 1.08. you can't add your own, unless you did something smart like grab the advert image via HTTP, paste it as a sprite and manually apply the redirect when your user clicks the sprite.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cor, you must be getting ACTUAL CLICKS if you say that you are pleased with Inneractive!
Cos with views only you seem to get no $
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 10:59
Quote: "Cos with views only you seem to get no $"

That is exactly how CPC advertising works. You only get paid when somebody clicks an advert. Google Ads is exactly the same.

It's a brilliant model. The advertiser pays for measurable results, and the advertisee has to have something that the public value in order to get the click-throughs. The alternative is that the bedroom coder could never get any advertising revenue, because the advertisers would not consider you as a viable platform.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 18:27
in 6 months, I only made $5 on my two games, using inner active...

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
at least you made $5

we need to keep in mind that most people don't click on ads
Young Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a few apps (non-gaming) on android market that received a lot of traffic and received an average of 1% click rate.

Ex: 100 ad views will results in 1 click.

Even though the impressions/clicks are increasing by the week, the revenue is like a roller coaster. The revenue goes up/down.

Most mobile ads pay you CPC, but there are some pays CPM (cost per impression).

I'm super excited to create a game and test out the revenue on it.
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 19:16
I myself feel both models are best, make one version, with ads that doesnt include everything the paid game will have, just dont hamper the free one too much, people hate to feel cheated, even if the game is free.

All that being said, more ad support for various ad agencies would be a big plus.

And there's always the crazy assed idea, to make the next big hit like Angry Birds in AppGameKit , make millions off of licensing rights, get a million dollar home, a hot girl friend/wife, and a giant pool, we can all dream!

Peace out programmers/users.

I fight for the users!

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@IronGiant - Very good point.

Most users would want to download the free versions, but there are consumer who hates ads and won't mind paying for a better gaming experience.

The only thing with paid version for Android Market is the black market, where users can get your apps for free. For IOS Market, I don't think privacy is a big issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:36:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:36:58