Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Some of the issues with v108 beta (trying to consolidate)

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 20:27
There is a known issue with Windows XP and we have been told that has been fixed and we'll see it in the next release.

For Tier 1, you currently cannot create an Xcode project based on the interpreter_ios Xcode project (the method used for creating iOS apps for Tier 1). There are two reasons for this, one in common with Tier 2 compiles across the board. The one unique to Tier 1 (as distributed in the beta) is that requires two libraries that aren't part of the standard setup: libGoogleAdMobAds.a and libOAuth.a.

The problem in common for both Tiers, all platforms, is a set of missing include files (header files):
3DMath.h
AGKLights.h
cCamera.h
cObject3D.h
sha1.h
../Collision/CollisionIncludes.h

The last is curious, but is included in agk.h with the others that are missing.

Additionally, at least for the native iOS projects, it is clear that the core AppGameKit files are very out of date. But they have been for a while, so that is nothing new.

Please feel free to add any other issues you've run into.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 20:57 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 21:00
Yes this is what they emailed me too. I guess that they read my bug report. So I think that posting the header bug was a good thing to do. Even though I didn't go through the forums first. I don't usually post on there bug submission page anyway 2nd time in 1 year. I wonder when this will be fixed maybe they will find the relevant headers and put them in the beta.
So I feel better about submitting the bug even though I was unsure that I should do so.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 21:52
My initial response to people posting bugs in the Google list is that it would be a pain for us Community Testers to test. And no one should expect a Beta product to be right. But, it turns out to be the way to go, since the developers might not read the forum (although they usually do).

My bad.

I've added your Google issue to the site that the TGC AppGameKit CTs use to confirm or deny bugs (http://www.tgcct.triassicassociates.com/issues.php).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 05:07
I can't even test the program with those headers missing. I will try again when they put those headers in the download as well libraries. You can use the new commands though with tier 1, but those missing headers might cause errors. I really think that they need this issue will be fixed fast.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 17:06
Yup, until the next release with the missing headers and libraries, only Tier 1 on Windows can be tested. We cannot create an iOS Player and the v108 beta doesn't have the Android stuff at all.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 11:51
Actually you can test them out in tier 2 you just need to recreate the headers which is a pain. I have not recreated them, but this can be done. If you are impatient then maybe recreating the headers would help test out the new features.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 16:38
Recreating the headers requires knowing what is in them. A blank header could be created, but that wouldn't provide a functional end product.

There are classes and function calls used from those headers. It is entirely likely that there is a bunch of inline code that is in them as well.

It's not a matter of impatience. It's a matter of being able to use something properly.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 16:57
Beta 2 is out, problem should be solved.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Problem is not solved for T2 users as we don't know what we need to clean in core.cpp
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 17:25
I am looking at the files now and I'll see what I can do about creating working templates.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:42:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:42:06