Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multiplayer game over internet idea& soution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am thinking how to make a multiplayer game over the internet and I have come up with an idea which I don't know if it may work or not.
I am thinking about hosting a AppGameKit network app which is online 24 hrs/ 7 days a week.  The network is specified by IP address and port, other players should join this Network over the internet. The hosting app should be able to creat like rooms for players connecting over the internet And get and resend packet to connected players 

Can this work?
pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 15:45
you can develop something with HTTP commands and a webserver

with AppGameKit T2, you can use all social gaming platform like game center, open feint (gree), Mocospace and many others

--
Patrick P.
http://www.gamolf.fr
Zeerun
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 15:53
You can design it exactly like you have described it in Tier1. If you look at the multiplayer example you would simply change it to connect via ip instead of name.

I have a central database that logs the ip when they press 'host' then people can connect via the supplied ip.

Hope that's helped a little

I seek perfection but wear my scars with pride

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:16:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:16:21