Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / updating app contents

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have made an app which has been put on the android market but i now wish to update it, i have replaced the images with new ones and the bytecode.byc with a new one, used cygdrive, eclipse to build the app, sign the app and debug it after i ran it obv but it isnt updated

kirtnicholls
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 12:54
You have to log in to the developer dashboard, where you uploaded the app, and click the app you want to update, then select APK, upload new APK. Then when it's uploaded, you set the new one active. Remember to update the version and build numbers to a higher number in eclipse, before compiling the app there.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that, i meant in eclipse. I have the old app but when I replace the .byc and the I ages nothing happens, how do I get my app to show my new content?

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 18:38
Did you remember to copy the new images and <yourproj>.byc file (renaming it exactly bytecode.byc) to your android project? (Dumb question, but needs to be asked.)

Then did you clean and rebuild in Cygwin?

Then do a refresh in Eclipse (click on project and press F5)?

Then run in Eclipse? This last is the process that actually creates the apk file.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
Yh did all of the above then redid the whole thing to see if that helped but nothig

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 19:35
Did you try uninstalling the app on your device and then installing the new apk?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:41:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:41:45