Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / OBJ texture problem with tree magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 06:06
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to correct this texturing issue I have when ever I import a .OBJ from tree magic. Since tree magic outputs two images (one for leaves and one for trunk) is there a way to load both images for the textures, or do I have to make my own texture? I guess this could be a function in agk that fixes this and loads the textures on it own... I believe dbpro did that when ever I used magic tree, but that was .x not .OBJ. Thank you for your help in advance

sov the game creator!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 15:34 Edited at: 15th Oct 2012 15:34
Currently it is not possible to have multiple textures for the same texture stage of an object. They would have to be split into two objects, one for the leaves and one for the trunk. Once I get animation done there should be the ability to link objects together, like limbs in DBPro, so you can load the trunk and leaves as separate objects and link them together so that the leaves are always in the same position as the trunk.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 23:02
However, it is possible to map different parts of a single image to different parts of an object.

I built that cube in AC3D and mapped the composite image of the crate sides on it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:42:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:42:37