Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Blank Screen on iOS (2nd Gen iPod Touch) - Tier 1

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 10:22
My game app works fine on 3rd Gen iPod Touch devices or higher and on iPad, but on a 2nd Gen iPod Touch I have a blank screen after the splash screen (set at 'Launch Images').

It's a landscape app and it has been set-up with the following:
* changing the 'info.plist' file to set the initial interface orientation to landscape rather than portrait.
* altering the 'shouldAutoRotateToInterfaceOrientation' function (in the 'UntitledViewController.m' file) to return YES for landscape mode and NO for portrait mode.

The game is running as I can hear the music and the sound effects but the screen is blank (black). If I rotate the device the screen appears and the app runs normally.

The game is compiled using AppGameKit 1076 (Tier 1) - has anyone else experienced this on 2nd Gen iPod Touch devices and does anyone know how I can fix this so the device doesn't have to be rotated?

It runs fine on all other iOS devices except my 2nd Gen iPod Touch...

Thanks in advance.

E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 15:43
That is strange, I have an iPod 2nd gen but unfortunately it is no longer compatible with the latest version of AppGameKit as it does not support OpenGL ES 2.0. The minimum for 108 is iPod 3rd gen, iPhone 3GS, or iPad 1, so even if I could fix it the fix would be in 108.

You may be able to modify the interpreter project to fix it, see if there are any calls to SetOrientationAllowed in UntitledViewController and if removing them helps.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 15:58
Ah - OK, thanks Paul. That's a shame.

It seems pointless looking any further if it isn't going to be supported anyway. When 108 stabilises I will be releasing the game with this version.

E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:54:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:54:00