Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compiler Caching

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 13:42
I have just started using the windows AppGameKit player with run compile and broadcast to test my multiplayer.

However I am now seeing caching in my compiling, the broadcasted programs get the new instance, but if I just run my program it is rather old code?

Is there anyway to manually clear the compilers cache?

Cheers

I seek perfection but wear my scars with pride
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 15:47
Try going to the project's folder and deleting the exe there, it will be replaced when you next build and run your project.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 17:03
Deleting the exe file isn't enough. It isn't actually compiled, it is copied from AGK\IDE\Compiler\interpreters and renamed.

The actual compiled things are the <yourproj>.byc, SourceCode.agc and SourceCode.txt files in the <yourproj>/media directory.

If you delete those three files and the exe, then you will get a fresh build the next time you build. Deleting the exe is one of the triggers for the IDE.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Zeerun
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 17:57
Thank you!
I had tried deleting the EXE but to no avail.

I will delete the 3 files you mentioned, I had spied them, but was rather reluctant to delete random files, guess that shows I'm not confident in my backup! so had better fix that!

I seek perfection but wear my scars with pride
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 19:14
The three files in the media directory can easily be recreated. They are not tightly tied to the project. Edits in the .agc files in <yourproj> directory are the ones to think about. The <yourproj>/*.agc files are the ones to back up somewhere else between edits if you are worried about changes.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:53:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:53:25