Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Player spawn in chosen post effects, help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 01:05
Hey

How can I make that when i spawn, the post effect start immediatly when game start. I dont want to go into and trigger it.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Go to setup and put "post-process" or something among those lines and change it to 1, then change post-bloom.fx under effectbank\Ps2_0\ and replace it with the one you want.

------
Slaur3n
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 13:33
Thanks! Im using "film reel" effect, and using a .dds file with animation.

Replacing the post bloom fx did work, it became black and white, but the .dds animation is missing. Any idea how to fix that?
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 16:42 Edited at: 18th Oct 2012 16:43
reset your postbloom, open languagebank/gamebank/mygame/setuplevel.fpi and add

:state=0:posteffect=filmreel.fx

into the other state=0-lines in it, done and still possible to use posteffect-scripts and postbloom-effect.

look for the exact posteffectname (copy & paste out of the posteffect-scripts). setuplevel.fpi is the basic setup for each level in your game (mygame is the default setup-folder for test- and buildgame).

Slaur3n
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 00:58 Edited at: 19th Oct 2012 00:58
Quote: "into the other state=0-lines in it, done and still possible to use posteffect-scripts and postbloom-effect."
I Dont know what you mean.

I have placed " :state=0:posteffect=filmreel.fx" in the setuplevel.fpi. Nothing happens.. how do I reset postbloom?
Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 06:18 Edited at: 5th Nov 2012 06:19
Slur

Simple way to do iti is add the post effect script to the main of the tzone and have the player spawn in the zone.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 06:46 Edited at: 5th Nov 2012 06:53
Quote: "Go to setup and put "post-process" or something among those lines and change it to 1"

The setup.ini line is postprocessing, not post-process.

Quote: "reset your postbloom, open languagebank/gamebank/mygame/setuplevel.fpi and add

:state=0:posteffect=filmreel.fx"

The command (at least unless it changed recently) was...

"setposteffect=filmreel"

...or whatever effect you are using.

Quote: "Simple way to do iti is add the post effect script to the main of the tzone and have the player spawn in the zone."

That is the simple way. Otherwise you will have this effect in every level when they load/start and will need to use the "setposteffect=none" in a trigger if you want to turn the effect off.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 15:09
Quote: "Simple way to do iti is add the post effect script to the main of the tzone and have the player spawn in the zone."

this doesnt work at beginning of the level, the player has to ENTER the zone to trigger the effect. only way to do this is to level up the player a bit and place the trigger BENEATH him so he falls into it.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 15:50 Edited at: 5th Nov 2012 15:51
Quote: "Simple way to do iti is add the post effect script to the main of the tzone and have the player spawn in the zone. "

Quote: "this doesnt work at beginning of the level, the player has to ENTER the zone to trigger the effect. only way to do this is to level up the player a bit and place the trigger BENEATH him so he falls into it."

Not true. There are a variety of methods one can use. For example, here is a screen of one of my levels.

As you can see, I have the player spawning in the triggerzone. However, the key with ours is that in the main script for the triggerzone, we first...

A) have a black hud appear at spawn and a single line of text displays
B) film reel post effect is activated after the player sees the text for 5 seconds
C) other triggers are spawned and activated

There are a variety of methods can can be done. You can have a trigger zone where the player marker is spawn a second trigger which (when placed and using Shift + left mouse to expand its reach) activates the post effect. If the post effect does not activate when the player is spawning at the start, then you need to have a "delay" before activating it.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:08:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:08:45