Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Help needed about AGK Player and broadcasting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2012 17:53
Hello all!

I recently purchased AppGameKit after a little play with trial version, and I can be proud to have it.

But I have a little problem. I'm developing with a laptop and would love to get broadcasting to work. How do I get it working? I've tried the one on Android Play Store and the one I compiled myself. Neither worked at all, just said 'Standby' and nothing changed on the device's screen.

I saw some chat about ports to use while broadcasting but I haven't tried that yet... Is there any comprehensive documentation or tutorial about AppGameKit Player and how to set it up? Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
CodeTrasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2012 18:55
Oh man... I just bothered every one with my post. I'm sorry for that...

I downloaded the beta AppGameKit Player from 'My products' section and configured the port to let AppGameKit compiler access the device. I got it working now.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 20:21
The beta player in the 'My Products' is buggy.

This post has a link to a page that lets you download both a v1076 and v1082 Android player. They can both be installed on the same device at the same time.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
CodeTrasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 12:27
Thank you Ancient Lady for help with the problem.

I noticed, too, that the beta AppGameKit Player is buggy, but if one is not in a hurry one can manage to develop something with the buggy Player. I will surely download and try your v1076 Player if it makes my development a bit faster.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 16:22
Others have discovered that when they use the Player I built, the problems they had with the 'My Products' beta Player go away. 'Beta' does imply 'not sure if it works exactly right, just yet'.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 06:22:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 06:22:15