Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / C++ Android compilation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 05:02
I've just finished watching the tutorial for getting a BASIC app to run in Android, and that's worked perfectly. The issue I'm now having is getting it to run with C++. I'm following the tutorial in the Guides section of the AppGameKit documentation and in the portion where you use Cygwin to get into c:\android\agk\ide\templates\template_android, when I run the ndk-build command from the android-ndk-r6b folder I get this error:

Paul@Paul-PC /cygdrive/c/android/agk/ide/templates/template_android
$ /cygdrive/c/android/android-ndk-r6b/ndk-build 2> log.txt
SharedLibrary : libtemplate.so
/cygdrive/c/android/android-ndk-r6b/build/core/build-binary.mk:286: recipe for target `/cygdrive/c/android/agk/ide/templates/template_android/obj/local/armeabi/libtemplate.so' failed

If I'm in the apps/interpreter/interpreter_android area it's perfectly fine, but not in the C++ templates area. Is there something I need to place into the directory structure somewhere to get this to compile? Thanks!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 18:05
Did you do a clean first?

I'm guessing that you copied your files to your android directories using Windows File Manager. This will set ownership different from files created within cygwin.

If so, you probably need to make sure that the owner:group of all your files is the same. When you first open cygwin, execute the command 'ls -l' (this will list things and show the owner:group). The output will look something like this (I replaced my owner name with 'owner'):

Then you can execute the command 'chown -R <owner>:mkgroup *'. Replace <owner> with the owner name that appears in the third column (I'm betting that it is 'Paul', based on what you posted). It might take a while for this to execute. After the first time, you only need to execute the chown command in directories that you copy files to using File Manager.

You should also extract the v1076 Android template from the zip file in this post to make sure that you have a good template. The Tier 2 templates have not been kept up to date since about v1065.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
PaulTR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 19:56
Ah, made some progress but still not quite. I did set the permissions to 777 across the board, but I didn\'t know about chown. Just set that and then got hit with a giant wall of errors.

Paul@Paul-PC /cygdrive/c/android/AGK/IDE/templates/template_android
$ /cygdrive/c/android/android-ndk-r6b/ndk-build
PaulTR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 18:13
Figured I would come back and update. I ended up removing all of my AppGameKit, NDK and template folders, reinstalling AppGameKit, putting on NDK 8, and downloading the tier 2 android template from the products page. Then I set the ownership and permissions across the board and then did the ndk-build and it kicked in fine. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 15:38:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 15:38:23