Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / current "player" iphone 5 ready?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2012 20:50
Hi, before i go ahead and enroll in the IOS dev, i want to make sure that the current player either by the TGC player service, or 107/108 included player source code is compatible witht he iphone5 screen res?

I need to be able to stretch the full screen length and not have top and bottom black bars.

Thanks
Andy
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2012 21:25
What is the resolution for iPhone 5?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Gibbon28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2012 23:03
The res is 1136 x 640

Andy
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I just created another thread containing my own pack of splash/icon files for AppGameKit Player in iOS, which also adds support for iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5G resolution. The Default-568h@2x.png file in the pack must be referenced by the application through Xcode (very simple change) before building the app, or else the player will not be compatible with iPhone 5 and will see its resolution as an iPhone 4.

So, yes the player can support iPhone 5 but out of the box you must add the required splash image. I assume future releases of the player will include it by default, but I've released a high quality pack containing this myself in the thread below:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=201148&b=44
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 16:55
Quote: "I assume future releases of the player will include it by default"

Don't count on it, unless the developers pick up on your post.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Gibbon28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 17:24
Do they live in a dark locked room? Surly the developers of a Mobile App Development Kit would know that the Iphone 5 (probably there biggest market) has a increased screensize and would know there current player isnt fully compatible?

Does it really take them to stumble on there own forums? or for one of use to tell them?

Andy
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 17:38
The developers may well be aware. And they do read the forum and respond to things. If you want to make sure they take something into account, post it in the google issues board. There are not that many developers and they work very hard trying to do fixes at the same time as adding functionality.

Given that you made a separate post specifically about the iOS Player, they may very well spot that.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 03:01:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 03:01:15